𝟎𝟏. 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲

𝘪 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘦

𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘦

-ˋˏ ༻🍂༺ ˎˊ-

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌, was silent.

"Any clue on where Will could be?"

A tall figure stood before her , hunched over and examining a pile of papers. His back to her. The voice flew to his ears but his mood contorted the pleasant sound into a painful screeching one- not wishing to have company at this moment after the following incidents.

"That's none of your business young lady," all the man did was huff, his lips aching for the sweltering sensation of a non-filtered camel. In a slow effort, he turned around to greet himself with the comely appearance of the eldest Henderson.

Slickened, rowdy strands of golden tresses draped down a lined back, straight and complemented by a mature posture. They cascaded down the striped magenta shirt, blurring into one woven river of cool honey. Feet planted firmly on the ground, her eyes commanded attention, her palms out and prickled with trustworthiness. For a brief second her lips parted, showing the two teeth that back in her day, helped fabricate a rumor that she was a bunny. A hell-ish rabbit if you will.

His voice trickled down the vents of the room, becoming only a distant and passing sound, "You got anything to say kid?"

She shook her head, eyes slightly narrowing as she continued to set her sight onto him, and gently a scoff blew from the edge of her lips, "Kid? I'm twenty now, Jim. Wouldn't say I'm a kid."

Now, he studied her in the brief minutes of time he was given before his stares would be interpreted as chilling, "Still look pretty pathetic to me."

There was no scent that reminded her of home, only phrases that sparked a memory of home. In the three years of which she had spent her days partying, drinking, flourishing on the slippery wood on yachts owned by the wealthy- she kept the distant memories of Hawkins in the darkest space of her disorganized mind. Frankly, she hid them.

Rolling those jade eyes, she propped herself onto the nearest, unoccupied desk. Bare legs swung back and forth, lips smacked as she watched him. Watched him fuel with irritation before huffing, deeply sighing then trailing back to a huff, "Get out Henderson."

His voice resounds through the room, her still being the topic of his pessimistic wishes. The room is silent afterwards, except of course for the sound of once-young swinging by her two crossed legs, and the irregular clam of her palm shifting against the sweating wood.

-ˋˏ ༻🍂༺ ˎˊ-

She could have stayed, if she truly wanted to. But meatloaf called for her, swarmed her sinuses and dragged her along out the door. Off of the unoccupied desk.

She had no clock , but the time of 5:55 had become embedded in her mind. He promised, to pick her up here, at 5:55, and due to all those times, it was now a self conscious remembrance. Her limbs would ache, heart would tremble as she remembered the feeling of 5:55. The feeling that overwhelmed her, could be mistaken for dread, but it could only be described as anxiousness.

There was a certain amount of excitement entangled within the fear that he might be different than what she could remember. She took the kid in as her own, back in the days of when he was a freshman and she was a senior.

The blonde referred to the 'king' as her son, teaching him the way around high-school while providing him with another view that didn't have the sights of his friends littering it.

But, luckily for her the excitement doused worries came to an end once his car pulled up, and he flashed an equally excited at her, "Winny, bow to the king."

It was cheesy, it seemed out of character by what she knew about him from before but just to nourish the need he recently felt for appreciation and control, she provided an effort-lacking bow.

"King, really? What, do you go by King Steve now?" she rolled her eyes, a playful manner though of course. Those worries from before faded and she hoped into the passenger seat, not listening completely to his woes and warnings about being careful with the seat.

In her defense, nothing was damaged.

A proud smile graced his lips while his foot reassigned itself to the gas, "C'mon, you know it suits me,"

Even if there were signs now of an inflated ego, she shook her head, blowing a raspberry into the air before lifting her head and to his dread, ruffling up the gelled, stiff feathers he called a mane.

"I don't think so pipsqueak, you're still a wee little freshman to me."

That was a moment of horror for him, but in her presence he let it slide. Maybe, he was a pipsqueak, but being brought down to Earth wouldn't be enough to deflate an ego already inflated heavily.

He paused before speaking again. As if there were piles of questions to pick through and chose, voicing to her, "Out of all places, you wanted to go see Hopper on your first day back, why is that?"

"Well, a little birdie told me Jim visited Dust-a-roo during school, I got curious but soon got distracted by asking about Will."

She stared ahead, the emptiness of a paved street sedating her alone in that moment, "He's still such an ass though, don't you think?"

The Harrington boy could only nod, a small chuckle coming from his chapped lips- courtesy of the bitter air- "Chief has always been an ass, you kidding me? And he won't ever change."

The two shared a laugh simply at that. Simple, bland, teenage and young adult humor.

-ˋˏ ༻🍂༺ ˎˊ-

a/n: maybe a slow start ! it will get better PROMISE. vote && leave a comment,, or two.