a pluck of courage-

Mia's pov
____________________________________

It was 8 am, and I'd parked in front of timmy's old house. But he was nowhere to be seen.

I sat and waited for a moment.

I started up my car at 8:05. Maybe he didn't want this after all. I started to drive as he tried grabbing the handle.

Timothée:" what? I hot coffee?"

His face lit up. That was something I missed the most.

Me:" okay, great."

*in the waiting room*

The secretary walked out the door with the other auditioning actor.

Secretary:" Timothée?"

I smiled at him as glanced back at me. I had every faith that this was going to change his career for good.

Timothée's pov
____________________________________

Amy:" hi Mia, I'm Amy. This is Frank."

I shook his hand politely. I was a little nervous. This was the first time I was going to audition for a director who asked for me specifically. Maybe my luck is changing after all.

Me:" nice to meet you."

Amy:" I'm glad we found you."

Me:" me too."

Amy:" the film shoots in Paris. And you don't have a script."

Frank:" it's going to be a process. We're goings to build the character around the actor. This is a ten minute audition. Hours of rehearsal and a four month shoot.

Me:" okay?"

Amy:" and we thought, that maybe you could tell us a story? So then we can get a basic idea of what we're going for."

Me:" about?"

Amy:" anything."

Me:" anything?"

Amy:" yeah. Just tell us a story. Your a story teller."

Me:" ummmm.....My aunt used to live in Paris. I remember, she used to come home and tell us these stories about being abroad,
And I remember she told us that she jumped into the river once, barefoot. She smiled. Leapt, without looking and tumbled into the Seine. The water was freezing. She spent a month sneezing, But said she would do it again. Here's to the ones who dream, Foolish as they may seem, Here's to the hearts that ache, Here's to the mess we make. She captured a feeling. Sky with no ceiling. The sunset inside a frame.
She lived in her liquor and died with a flicker. I'll always remember the flame.
Here's to the ones who dream, Foolish as they may seem, Here's to the hearts that ache, Here's to the mess we make,
She told me.
"A bit of madness is key To give us new colors to see. Who knows where it will lead us? And that's why they need us" So bring on the rebels, The ripples from pebbles,
The painters, and poets, and plays.
And here's to the fools who dream, Crazy as they may seem, Here's to the hearts that break, Here's to the mess we make. I trace it all back to then. Her, and the snow, and the Seine.

Smiling through it,

She said she'd do it again."

*after the audition*

We sat on a bench that viewed all of Hollywood.

Mia:" so....when do you find out?"

Me:" uhhhh....they said in the next couple of days. I'm not expecting to find anything out."

Mia:" you're gonna get it. I can sense it. Besides, who turn you down?"

Me:" but really......I might not get it?"

Mia:" you won't end up disappointed. I promise."

And though this promise was our of her hands. It gave me hope, something to look forward to.

Me:" where are we?"

Mia:" what do you mean?"

Me:" where are we? Are we?"

Mia:" I don't know."

Me:" what do we do?"

Mia:" I don't think that we can do anything? Cus when you get this...."

Me:" if I get this?"

Mia:" when you get this. You've got to give it everything you've got. Everything. It's YOUR dream."

Me:" but what are you gonna do?"

Mia:" I've just got to follow my own plan. Stay here. Get my own thing going.......you're gonna be in Paris. Good jazz there. And you love jazz right?.....right?"

Me:" yes....yes I do."

I could tell she was proud of herself. My happiness turned to sadness. If I really was to get this job, it would mean leaving her behind. And I wasn't sure I was prepared to make that sacrifice.

Mia:" I guess we're just gonna have to wait and see?"

Me:" I'm always gonna love you."

Mia:" I'm always gonna love you too."

She glanced off into the distance and engaged her eyes onto everything she saw.

Mia:" look at this view?"

I began laughing, once again not at all certain as to whether I should be crying instead - but I might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Me:" I've seen better."

Mia:" yeah, it's the worst."

Me:" I've never been here during the day?"

The remainder of that day concluded with happiness, sadness and nostalgia. But I was glad it happened. I wouldn't change it for the world.