[1]

Everything was normal. I was normal. I spent most of my days at the skate park with Elisia and Ash, and after late nights of skating around the city, I would go back to the trailer that both me and my sister had lived at with my older cousin, Jake. School was normal I wasnʻt noticed, had no  friends other then my sister, and Ash at one point before he got arested for selling. After my parents death last year, I stopped caring about myseld and felt guilty instead. My grades slipped. I was just coping differently then most.

I thought it would have just been a normal Tuesday afternoon. My phone pinged. I recieved a notfication from Flash. I unlocked my phone and saw that I was tagged in a video by a username I didnʻt know. I clicked on the tab to view the video. It was violent, brutal even. Whoever tagged me in this was sick. It showed a girl, being shot by the the person recording who stood behind a car, hiding. I ignored the video thinking it was just a sick joke one of the popular kids at school decided to pull .I skipped school early and just ditched to go to the skate park.

Two girls entered the ghrotto,looking around.

"Hey"A blonde girl yelled over to me.I recogonized her from one of my classes.

"Y/n"The brunette girl asked adressing me

I kicked up my board and leaned against the wall.

"Did you see the video"The brunette asked

"What do you want"I asked.

I didn't want to sound rude, but noticed thats definatwly how it came off.

"I want to know who posted it" She replied

I took out my phone and looked at the tags.

"Your Haley, and your Rowen"I asked pointing at the blonde then the brunette.

The both nodded.

"Its fake, the videoʻs fake"I told thē

"So what about the girl"Rowen asked

"what about her"I asked.

When neither of them answered I skated away from the two

I watched as they continued talking right where I left them. I saw my sister adjust her long brown hair as she stepped off her skateboard.

"Hey im gonna get home alright"She said raising her voice slightly so I could hear her.

It was getting dark . I skated to the Ghroto to see if Ash was there. I watched as he gave the same blonde girl from earlier, Hayley, a pill. I hid behind a concrete piller, as he turned to leave.

"Elsia, Y/n Your gonna be late for school" My cousin yelled the following moring

I hadn't seen Elisia since the night before.

"I'm gonna skate"

"You sure you don't need a ride"He asked

I shook my head and grabbed my board as I walked out the door.

Elisia rushed behind me on the sidewalk trying to catch up.

"You could have waited you know"She said

I shrugged  pulling at my phone.
As I scrollwd on my Flash feed a notification came through. I was tagged in a photo of a clock by the same user that tagged me in the shotgun video.

"Did you get it too?"Elisia asked perimg over my shoulder.

She turned her screen towards me showing me the motel that was on her phone screen.

I took a deep breath when I rexogonized the place.

"We should go"I said blantly

"Are you sure, I mean-"

I nodded.

"Y/n, Elisia"I heard a familiar voice call from the front of the scoool.

"What"Elsia asked rudely

"Did you guys get it"Rowen asked

I nodded.

"Did you"

They nodded.

I jumped hearing the school bell ring.

"Screw this im out"Hayley sounded frustrated.

Rowen and I exchanged looks.

"Come on ladies lets get to class"The security officer rushed us.When I looked around the front parking lot I saw the rest of the students pileing into the school.

We walked into the building and split up to go to our classes. After school I headed to a special place I always used to go to. I sat there on my board using the gate to roll it back and forth by pulling and pushing on it.

"Ah I saw you watched me at the Ghrotto yesterday"Ash said sitting on his board.

"I wasn't"

"Liar"

I rolled my eyes and looked away from him.

"I donʻt do any of it anymore."

"Ok"I said looking back at him.

I couldnʻt help but notice his structure. His jawline was sharper if that was even possible, and his muscles were more define as the sleves on his sweatshirt occasionally  hugged his arms.

"You look different"I said softly.

"Yeah, you know thats what happens when I lift weights all day, everyday"He explained.

I nodded.

"Not much to do there"He said refering to jail."

I hummed in response trying to avoid eye-contact at all costs.

"So you were checking me out"He asked

"I saw you got like right back to work"

"Well yeah, I got to give the people what they want" he joked "Thats how I met you, or did you forget?"

I paused for a moment.

"I just thought things would have changed."I shrugged

"Is that why you havenʻt talked to me? I got out like two weeks ago and I didnt even get a text."

"What do you want me to say? Thank you?"I asked raising my voice at him.

I skated back to the ghrotto where I ran into Hayley.

"We have to go to Bries"She said
I furrowed my brows at the unfamiliar name.