Chapter 5: I Love You, Stay Safe.

When Techno woke, Nightmare's side of the bed was cold, meaning he had been gone for at least an hour or two. Techno sighed, dawn light filtering through the curtains, lighting the room with a soft yellow glow. He sat up and turned to the bedside table. The glass from last night had been refilled and had little chunks of ice in it, and two ibuprofen sat on a note beside it. Techno took the medicine and drank a little water knowing he was probably going to be sore when he stood up before turning his attention back to the note.

Hey Tech, sorry I had to leave so early. Make sure to take the ibuprofen and drink some water, please. There's $40 on the bathroom counter, after you get ready go get breakfast.

I love you, stay safe.

______________

Weeks had passed. Techno had heard nothing from his lover. He wandered the warming morning lands, calm and solemn. The morning air still had a slight chill, but anyone could tell spring was on its way. Techno's boots crunched lightly on the little snow that remained. A few days ago he had received a poorly written letter from Tommy, his youngest sibling. Contained in the letter were coordinates and minimal useful information. Apparently, his brothers had gotten themselves exiled from their country and needed his help.

'L'manburg', they called it.