007

AMALIA can't believe what she just heard. She just stands there admiring his eyes that don't seem to lie.

"What?"

"I-I should've told you that in the cabin already", he excuses himself. Amalia is completely shocked even though she feels great after what he just said. A smile appears on her lips.

But then he turns away and takes his hand off of her when he remembered who is standing right in front of him. Even though she is covered in blood - she is the princess, who no one should touch except her husband.

"Geralt?", in her voice you can hear how her heart just cracked. But Geralt ignores it even though it also hurt him.

"Every time I'm near you it's like I forget everything and the only thing I see is you

"Every time I'm near you it's like I forget everything and the only thing I see is you. And it drives me crazy. I've never had so much emotions. It's...", he explains but Amalias warps her hands around his neck while standing on her toes and turns his head towards her, forcing him to look into her eyes.

"You don't have to do that", she smiles slightly not wanting to hear his 'but' which would've come in his speech. Staring into each others eyes like it's the last time, both didn't realize how close their faces got. But before their lips could finally meet, Geralt wraps Amalia into a close hug. It reminded her of their night in the cabin and how good his body feels agains hers.

Before she was able to ask why he didn't finally kiss her Jaskier decided to walk up to the two destroying the moment.

Geralt and Amalia immediately stepped back so the bard wouldn't see them.

"Holy moly so many dead people", he laughs then looking at the witcher and the princess. He realizes that he definitely is interrupting something.

•••

"I -um- have to change, then we can move on. Turn around", Amalia says when they arrived in their camp. The trio walked in complete silence which only Jaskier wanted to break but failed.

The last time Amalia looked at Geralts face, he had his grumpy face back on and she immediately started missing his soft side.

When the princess was gone, the bard started to speak up wanting Geralt to clear his confusion about what just happened.