•Han Lue•

Words: 3697

***

If NYC was the city that never slept, then Tokyo was its younger sibling who was constantly trying to outdo the elder child. You ignored your younger brother who sat beside you in the taxi, leaning your head against the window and admiring the bright neon lights that stood out against the black of the sky. No stars were visible, and the noise of the city was audible from inside the taxi, grinding against your ears. You hated it.

"Y/N." You yanked your head from the cool glass of the window, leaving it foggy in your absence as Sean gently called your name. "We're here." It was then you noticed the taxi had come to a stop, in front of a small-looking building.

"This is it?" You asked, only getting a nod and sigh in response as the two of you exited the small vehicle, him sighing loudly as he picked up the bags. You approached the door and knocked, waiting impatiently as the city air bit and nipped at your rosy red cheeks and nose.

It opened, revealing the man you recognized to be your father. You took a step back, turning the volume of the music in your ears up and letting Sean do the talking. You observed as their mouths moved, and the door closed on the two of you, your eyebrows furrowing in confusion before relaxing as it opened again.

This time he was fully clothed and a woman quickly scurried out from behind him, not giving any of you a second glance. You pulled the earbud out, looking between your brother and father.

"Who was that?" You asked, following the two of them into the cramped building.

"A friend." Your father responded sharply, before going over the ground rules and showing you to your rather small rooms. The sleep was terrible that night. Unable to get comfortable on the thin mattress, and longing to be back at home in America. After all, you weren't the child who had screwed up.

-----

It took about three days for the reality of the situation you were in to settle in. You were living in Tokyo. And you wouldn't be returning home any time soon. It was quite a rude shock when it finally hit you, and that's when the tears every night started to pay visits.

You sure as hell weren't the one who had fucked up, destroying not one but two cars, illegally racing, and crashing through the frame of a house waiting to be built. No, that was Sean. But as usual, you also had to pay for his mistakes and so off to Tokyo, you went with him, leaving behind your friends, your family, and your car.

It wasn't like your mother was expecting you to live here forever with Sean. After all, you were almost nineteen and very much so capable of making your own decisions. She had wanted you to go with him for the first month though, not wanting him to be completely alone with no one but your father there for him, and by painting it out to be some exotic holiday she had convinced you to tag along.

It was a mistake. A big one.

Sean had started coming home later and later every night, adjusting well to the life in the city. You, on the other hand, had no friends and despised your days with every fiber of your being. You had begun marking days off your calendar, counting down eagerly for the month to be over and for you to return home.

"I hate it here." You shoveled food into your mouth, standing with your back against the counter of the kitchen as Sean absentmindedly filled a glass of water. "Why did I choose to come with you?"

"How would I know?." He mumbled under his breath, pulling his phone out of his pocket as it buzzed.

"You know if you hadn't been so-"