one - greetings from mars

"Are you seriously going over there, Piper?"

I want to ask myself the same thing. It had been a few days since the invitation from the strange boy outside of detention. I wonder if he would even remember me or if he would even remember that he had invited me to smoke with his troublemaking friends.

"Earth to Piper!" Teegan waves her hand in front of my face.

"Greetings from Mars," I joke back.

Teegan is the only friend I made on my first day of school. Although she is a goody-two-shoes, I enjoy her company. She shares similar interests in rock music, even though her parents totally disapprove of rock. I have to admit that Teegan can be a total badass at some points, but usually she hates to disappoint adults which is a downfall for this friendship since I live for that kind of stuff.

I survey the group that were sprawled out under the oak tree. The boy I had met yesterday stood under it smoking another cigarette while wearing the fimilar black t-shirt and black jeans. Another boy with blonde hair and a sleeve of tattoos was resting his back against the tree. Muscle T-shirt Boy, a name I had given him when he sat next to me in my geography class, sat on the grass with his arms propped behind him. A boy with a septum piercing and crazy curly hair that hid under his beanie was laying in the grass smoking a joint. Lastly, a boy with small gauges and an eyebrow piercing was chatting with Musle T-shirt Boy.

"I might," I finally answer her question from the beginning.

"Class starts in ten minutes!" She exclaims.

"So? Ten minutes is plenty of time."

"I need to go to my locker and you know I hate being the last one to homeroom," Teegan complains.

"I'll meet you in homeroom then," I say.

She gives me a sour face before picking up her flowery pink backpack from the cement school parking lot. I watch as she walks up the school steps before disappearing into the realem of school. Now that I am left alone, I decide to venture over to the small group of boys under the oak tree.

"Ah you made it, finally," The boy from detention comments first.

"Yeah," I say shyly.

"Boys, this is the girl from detention I was talking about." He was talking about me. What the hell could he have been saying about me?

"I sit next to you in geography, right?" Muscle T-shirt asks.

"Every day," I reply.

"Well I guess we're being rude. I'm Zayn," The boy from detention begins.

"I'm Louis," Muscle T-shirt says.

"I'm Liam," The boy with small gauges smiles.

"I'm Niall," The only blonde boy chirps.

"I'm Harry," The curly haired one finally looks up from his phone. He gives me a strange look as if I am barging in on guy's night or something.

"Okay well I'm Piper," I finally introduce myself. They all look geniunely happy to meet me besides Curly.

I look down at my phone for a time check, 7:58, class starts at 8, I cannot believe how fast time goes. I didn't want to abandon my new friends yet, so I guess I will just wait until they decide to go in to school. 

"Are you in a hurry to get somewhere?" Zayn asks, clearly noticing my uneasiness about being late for homeroom.

"No," I smile, clearly lying.

"Great!" He exclaims and turns toward the boys, "I've got big plans for today, boys! I'm thinking maybe a new makeover for our newest member of our group."