Chapter Ten: It's Been Horrible Seeing You

Chapter 10.

Your point of view.

I could've sworn I heard Elizabeth. "Come again?" I ask.

"Tasha and I miss you," she says quietly, evenly and guiltily.

"Hm. For some reason I find that hard to believe. And I miss you, too, Tash," I say icily to Elizabeth, then really warmly to Tasha.

"Well, I do. And I'm sorry. I wish I hadn't left you at the mall. I feel really bad," Elizabeth is begging for forgiveness.

"Well, we're on totally different pages, then. I am happy you left me there. Now I have a really cool boyfriend who is completely and amazingly one of a kind. And I have figured out who my real friends are," I say, my words fresh from the Antarctic. I squeeze Louis' hand and I can tell my audience on this end is grateful that these words aren't aimed at them.

"I'm so sorry. I am happy for you, though. I really do hope you get better soon," Elizabeth seems sincere.

"Thanks. I really do hope you get better soon, too. Whose heart are getting? I'd like to see if it's as cold as the old one," I am pelting her with hail.

"I understand your hate toward me. You deserve to be able to say these things, and I deserve to receive them," Elizabeth seems really sad.

"Well, glad ya think so. There's a whole lot more where that came from," I was on a roll.

"Go ahead. I deserve worse," Elizabeth is completely deserving of my hate, and she does know it. Stupid friend drama has to be a part of life.

"Enough!" Tasha says. She did not like fights, or drugs or alcohol, for that matter. Gosh, she's probably the one who kept me on track all these years. She's awesome; always there to save the day.

"Okay," I back off. I look around me to see everyone is listening anxiously to my side of the conversation. They could tell I was pissed, but why-they would soon find out. I had heard Elizabeth agree, as well.

"Good. Tianna, you accept her apology. Elizabeth, you be good and you might earn back some of her respect for you," Tasha says.

"Well, said. I'm proud," I compliment.

"Ahem," Tasha clears her throat, prompting me to continue.

"I accept your excuse of an apology. But it's still not okay between us, Elizabeth," I growl to my ex-best friend. She didn't like it when I called her by her full name. I can't believe I used to be able to tell that girl everything!

"Mhm," I hear Elizabeth grunt an answer.

"You know what. I've gotta go. Sorry. Bye Tasha," I say, and then hang up, scowling, without waiting for an answer.

"What was it?" Louis asks as I hand him his phone.

"Elizabeth," I state simply, in a snarl. Louis gives me a confused look. He knew everything. "She was apologizing. As if I'll just be like: Oh! You're sorry? Okay, BFFs again!" I say in mock excitement.

"Hey. S'okay," Louis says and wraps his arms around me. I hug him back.

"Yeah, I know. I've got you guys here," I murmur, before pulling away.

A nurse walks in. She smiles shyly and says, "I'm supposed to check on you."

"I'm fine. But I have a question for my doctor. When he gets a chance, could you send him in here, please?" I am very polite.

"Sure," the nurse leaves.

"I like that nurse. She's cool," I state. They all chuckle.

"Elizabeth?" asks Perrie.