Floor Guardians

"What happened?"

"What's going on?"

The time was right. They should have been forcibly logged out by the server shutdown.

[0:00:38]

It was definitely past midnight. The clock could not have gone wrong because of a system error.

"Looks like they didn't shut down the server?"

"Touch-san, Ulbert-san, Tabula-san, Mask-san, and Peroroncino -san. Are you all right?".

"Yes, Momonga-san."

"Ehhh"

"All our voices have changed!"

"What's going on?"

"Where's my console?"

"I can't call GM."

"I can't communicate with other players!"

"What happened?"

Voices of worried women came to their ears.

It was the first time they had heard that beautiful woman's voice.

Momonga was startled, but he still kept searching for the source of the voice. When they found the one who had spoken the words just now, they was speechless.

The NPC raising her head - Albedo.

Impossible! The NPC is talking to us, and her mouth is shaking. Is it any kind of error?

"Ah, GM function is not working"

"...Please forgive my inability to answer the Supreme One's questions about this "[GM Call]." I apologize for not meeting your expectations. Nothing would please me more than a chance to make up for my prior mistake. Please, command me as you see fit."

"Don't worry. we forgive you"

...

" Sebas, Exit the Tomb and investigate the surrounding region. If you encounter intelligent creatures, interact peacefully with them and invite them to the Tomb. Attempt to accommodate the other party as much as possible during negotiations. Avoid unnecessary combat."

"Of course!"

In YGGDRASIL, NPCs made to protect a guild base could not leave it under any circumstances. However, it would seem this ironclad restriction had been overturned.

No, they could only be certain of that once Sebas returned.

"...Select one of the Pleiades to accompany you. If battle begins, retreat immediately and tell us everything you have learned."

That was simply the first step.

Momonga let go of the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown.

The staff did not fall onto the ground, but floated in the air as though someone were still holding it. This was in complete defiance of physics, but it was a common sight in the game. There were quite a few items in YGGDRASIL which would continue floating in the air when left unattended.

"Pleiades. Other than the maid selected to accompany Sebas, the rest of you will head to the 10th Floor and repel any invaders from the 9th Floor."

"Understood"

"Begin immediately."

"Understood, my master!"

Once more the chorus of voices rang out. Sebas and the maids bowed once more to their lord who sat upon the throne, then stood and left simultaneously.