chapter 4

Sam

-'Hey Sam!'

 ​she heard Jacob calling her.

-'What now?'

 she shouted back, but got no answer, so she got up and went downstairs.

-' I called you like an idiot, why you weren't  coming?'
he yelled at her

-'Please do not yell at me...I-'

-' I don't care. Okay, look... one of my friends overheard your conversation in the bathroom.'

*I thought we were alone*

-'Just so you know, I am angry and you can not go near her or talk to her.'

-' Why?! Why can't I make new friends?! She's a really good person, and...'
she stopped

-' And what, Sam?! Answer me, damn it!'

-' I invited her to Maxine's party,' she said quietly

-' You what?!'

'-I am sorry...but...it's not your party a-and you can't control me all the time.'

-' I am not controlling you, Sam...'
he said
- 'I just want to protect you from people like her.'

Sam did not answer, she felt her eyes fill with tears as she looked up at Jacob.

-'Come here, Sam,' ​he said, pulling her into a hug.

 She hugged him back even though she did not want to, but she knew if she didn't, he would get angry again.
It was hard, but she knew it was the only way to convince her mother not to send her to another school.

Her mother...she was obsessed with Jacob.

Sometimes it seemed like he was her son. She even treated him much better than Sam.

- 'Okay, you invited her, so there's no going back. I'll let you talk to her, he said.'

-' Really, thank you-'

-'Yeah, but only with me by your side. I do not want her to hurt you or mess you up.'

'-I... have to go... my... uh, friends, yes friends are waiting for me outside.'

-'You do not have any real friends. Come on, Sam.!'

-'I do now. I made some new friends at my new job.'

-' All right, but be back by 8:00 PM so we can go to the party together.'

 -'Okay!!!'
She replied and ran outside to a driveway near her's that she had seen Deena pull into earlier.

She was going to Deena's house.