Prologue. Before The Begining

To those who fear the world will devour them 

And to the others who are afraid of eating the world

Let me tell you a secret- The world is not afraid of you, but it should be all the same

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

10 years before

In the beginning, it was pitch black. All the lights had gone out. Two tiny, intertwined hands squeezed each other in the dark, as if looking for warmth in the middle of a storm.

The princesses' beaded eyes were glued to the curtain, eagerly awaiting the start of the show.

Crack!

Synchronized, they both looked up.

Crack!

Crack!

Splashes of light and colour danced above their heads: fireworks.

"Welcome, welcome," The velvety curtain opened, revealing a man in a silver suit. He wore a bright smile as a sign of pride. "In this special day, we hope you all enjoy our show. Let us celebrate the history of our thriving kingdom by sharing our story with you. And..." He winked at the two rapt princesses, thrusting his hands upwards. "Happy birthday, Your Royal Highnesses."

Millions of hued lights lit up the night; the girls' hearts pounded in anticipation of what would happen next.

"You and I will rule Cloudiness for as long as we live. Our mission is to bring prosperity to our realm." A thunderous voice echoed through the castle gardens. Hundreds of yellow fireflies merged to create the image of the First God, one of the most important kings of the kingdom beyond the clouds. They twinkled through the dark night like millions of flames illuminating a cave. The First God continued. "Cloudiness will never rot if the three of us stay together."

His two siblings flared like comets crossing the sky. Hues of blue brought the Wind God to life and the Goddess appeared in violet tones. Right there, in the starless sky, the three gods huddled close. They were crowned rulers of Cloudiness, starting a new era for The Heavens. The Wind God and the First God fluttered like ghosts until they stood in the center of the stage, in front of the royal family.

"The sun! They are creating the sun!" Sky cried out excitedly as soon as she saw a swelling bright ball of gases. If there was something the princess of Cloudiness was proud of, it was knowing this tale.

Mother Goddess, her mother, turned toward her. In her melodious, loving voice she said, "Your grandfather had the power of creation just like you, my inner fire," She caressed Sky's cheek. "It was due to the First God and the Wind God's magic that the sun was created. They did it together, like siblings do."

"But where they true siblings?" Sky asked in earnest. "The three didn't share any blood."

Mother Goddess thought for a moment. She said, "It is up to you to decide who you want to have a piece of your heart. Sometimes, you choose to give it to someone because they feel like family."

Nearby, Moonlight couldn't share the same enthusiasm as her sister. Troubled thoughts clouded her mind as she watched their mother. From the moment The Goddess had appeared in the sky, Moonlight felt a slight shift in Mother Goddess' expression. Even now, as she talked to Sky, something wasn't quite right. Moonlight couldn't pinpoint what exactly, but fortunately- or unfortunately- a mystery wasn't something she had ever given up on.