₀₁₅. a bit of closure

HOLY SHIT I THOUGHT I PUBLISHED THIS CHAPTER ALREADY OH NO

"NOW THEN, I'D LIKE TO GET STARTED QUICKLY, IF YOU DON'T MIND." Crowley had led the four (six, if Grim and Milcery counted) down Heartlabyul's corridor and into a room a couple of doors away from the lounge. There, Yuu recognized, was Heartslabyul's study.

Grim let out a low, impressed whistle. She didn't know cats could do that. "You guys got a tiny library in here too?! No fair!"

She smoothed down his ears in an attempt to pipe him down.

"We've got quite a lot to cover; this conversation has been long overdue," The Headmaster cleared his throat, garnering the attention of everyone in the room. "Yuu, I figured that this information might prove interesting to you. Trappola and Spade-kun, as fellow magicians, there is a need for you to be fully aware of the consequences that could happen."

Ace raised a brow, pointing out the hallway. "Eh? You mean the Zoru-Arch back there?"

"Zoroark, actually."

"Same thing. You and your damn names."

"No, no, of course not," Crowley waved. "That is just as important, and I'll get to that later— I'm talking about Rosehearts' Overblot." Ace and Deuce made an O shape with their mouths, and he continued, "What do you know about Overblot?"

The two looked at each other. Ace could only say, after hesitation, "I've only heard about it from my big bro before, but I didn't expect that... all that'd happen during Overblot. With the giant and everything..."

Even Trey could not provide a solid answer. "Not much is known about the subject, so I wouldn't put it past you guys. I mean, what we experienced the other day most people don't get to see in their entire lives... Much less, uh... survive..."

What?

"Wait, wait," Yuu gawked at him, sputtering, "Are you saying Riddle-senpai could have died? —How? Why?!"

"Ne, ne," Grim cocked his head, "What even is a blot? Everyone's talking about it but what even is it?"