Prologue

"Have you heard? I think she's cutting herself..."

"Yeah, I've seen a few scars on her wrists..."

"Why are you guys so concerned...?"

"She's been suicidal for a while, but something else doesn't really line up..."

"Plus, the suicidal thoughts are getting worse..."

"I think something else is on her mind... Something that's not Juan and Erianne..."

"She tried to choke herself on Monday..."

"No, no, it's not that... What I mean is she's acting kind of soulless, too..."

"Yeah. Every time I see her, her eyes... they look almost as if..."

"As if what?"

"As if someone's behind them..."

"What do you mean 'as if someone's behind them'...?"

"I mean exactly what I said... It looks like she has eyes behind her own..."

"I never noticed that about her..."

"I didn't notice it until..."

"The last time she kissed you? When you broke up?"

"Yeah..."

"Not only that, but she has this really creepy doll that she always carries around..."

"Oh, yeah. Last time she came over to my house she brought that thing. I swore I saw it's eyes move..."

"What's she call that thing again? Poppy?"

"Like the doll from Poppy Playtime...?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Honestly, I've talked to her a lot recently... She's changed..."

"Yeah, and It's not a good thing..."

"Are we sure we should be discussing this stuff behind her back...?"

"Shut it, Darren. We'll be fine as long as she doesn't find out we've been talking about her."

"Still, I don't feel like talking about not only my best friend but my first ever friend behind her back..."

"Like I said when we started, you're free to go as long as you swear not to tell her, Darren..."

"..."

"Right then... How do we know she's even really our age...?"

"What do you mean?! Of course she is! We literally see her every day..."

"Don't you find it weird that she Grows, but is always the exact same height as Juan, and she always looks exactly the same...?"

"Now that you mention it, are we sure she's even real?"

"There's no way she could just be a facade..."

"But she could be a reflection..."

"How? What do you mean?"

"Well, think about it... She could be a reflection trying to reflect multiple people instead of the one she originally meant to reflect..."

"You're confusing me..."

"What Erianne is saying is... She could just be someone trying to reflect and be like someone else, but she reflects more than one person... and it's tearing her apart..."

"But who would she be trying to reflect...?"

"Well, think about it... Maybe... The ones she loves?"

"Juan and Erianne?"

"Yeah, maybe..."

"Who else could she be trying to be like...?"

"Guys, Guys, you're gonna call me crazy, but I think I know who she's trying to be like..."

"Go ahead, Cyrus..."

"It's a really dumb idea, but if you've ever played poppy playtime or watched the gameplay for it, you would know that there's a character named Stella Greyber, or I think that's her name, and she talks about all this weird stuff about living forever. There's also a theory that Stella is obsessed with the doll from Poppy Playtime which happens to look exactly like her Doll..."

"Why would I believe a crazy idea like that...? You need to get your head out of videogames..."

*clack*

"Did you hear that noise...?"

"Yeah... But we're the only ones in the building at this hour..."

"Maybe... It was the wind hitting the building...?"

*bang*

"That... Didn't sound like wind..."

"Guys... I think we need to get out of here..."

"Yeah... let's go..."

"What if something dangerous is outside, and that's what's making that noise...?"

.

..

...

"I haven't heard the noises in a few minutes... Maybe... We're safe?"

"Yeah..."

"Just... Don't let your guard down. Anyone."

"So... Are we sure she's even human?"

"I don't know... Maybe... She's a doll too?"

"Who's that you're talking about?"