Chapter Two

Chapter Two: The Princess' House

Zhan walked into the house, immediately went to find Princess in the kitchen. Zhan found Princess washing dishes.

Zhan pulled Princess into a hug.

"Are you okay? Jell told me what happened at the country club," Zhan asked Princess.

"My hands are wet, Zhan," Princess said.

"I don't care. Are you okay?" Zhan asked her again.

"I'm fine; it's going to take more than a spoiled racist to upset me," Princess answered.

"She's lucky Jell already kicked her out of the country club," Zhan said.

Princess sighed.

"Zhan, I don't want you doing anything that will affect the purpose of us being here," Princess said.

Zhan sighed.

"Well, once I tell you what the conference was about, you might change your tune," Zhan said.

Princess was confused.

"What do you mean?" Princess asked.

Zhan let go of Princess and took a seat on the counter. Princess shut the water off and wiped her hands, and leaned against the sink, looking at Zhan.

"What's going on, Zhan?" Princess asked Zhan.

"Turns out the board of directors wants me to take over as the CEO of TFK Group, which means our stay in China could be semi-permanent," Zhan explained to Princess.

"No, you cannot be serious, Zhan; I can't live here. Our kids have their lives in America," Princess said.

"There's nothing I can do about it; they are going to vote on it tomorrow," Zhan said.

"If I had known this was the purpose of the trip, the kids and I would have stayed behind," Princess said, frustrated.

"What happened to us being a team through everything?" Zhan asked Princess.

Princess rolled her eyes.

"Sir, we are a team, but we're going to be a team in different parts of the world," Princess answered.

"You're going to take the kids and leave me here in this massive house we just brought," Zhan said.

"Yup, because I'm not living here, especially when I don't get along with your parents and I have no one here that has my back without a motive," Princess said.

"My siblings and I have your back," Zhan said.

"Yeah. You guys are the same ones who can only stand up to your parents by running away to different countries. I'm not one hundred percent sure I would want you all to have my back," Princess said as she moved the dishes out of the sink and into the cabinets.

"Princess," Zhan said.

"What?" Princess asked.

"Do you hate being here?" Zhan replied.

"Duh, yes, of course," Princess said.

"Princess, this is my family," Zhan said.

"Then you can stay here with your family but the kids and I are leaving," Princess said, walking out of the kitchen.

Zhan quickly follows her and grabs her arm.

"Please... Just stay a few extra days here, then you can leave if you want to," Zhan suggested.

Princess rolled her eyes and groaned.

"Fine, but I'm leaving as soon as your dad or any other family members say anything I do not like, got it," Princess said.

"You know I have your back, Princess," Zhan said.

Princess scoffed.

"Prove it," She said, pulling her arm away from him and walking away.

"I will!" Zhan yelled.