Corrupted Memory

All at once there was a string of buzzing light, electrons and atoms woven together expertly into strands of hot electricity. In other circumstances, the replication of mother nature's destructive beauty left me awestruck. If only it weren't being brandished against me, violently by this vociferously arrogant flat screen with legs.

Stepping to the side, avoiding the whip of electricity, I set my steely gaze on Vox, the last person I wanted to see. Radio channels filter through heavy static in their arborous soundwaves of feedback muddled together with the media hosts' own. The horrifically ear bleeding sounds and murderous melody alerting the hellish night the malicious waltz was about to begin, within the otherwise silent town streets.

" Is your internal clock defective darling, its nearly 11. You're past your curfew. Stay awake any longer you'll run out of battery" My smile cracked wide with hostility.

Vox grinned back, not bothering to grace me with an answer. He shot electricity at me again. I summoned my Cane, sigils forming around tentacles rose from the ground, behind the haughty overlord. He jumped and attempted to stagger away from the tentacle, which managed to grab his leg, and fling him into a nearby building.

I teleported down to the next street over, attempting to hoof it back to the hotel in one piece, now that my mood was spoiled. Hoping Vox got the hint to bugger off, because I was not in the mood to entertain another brawl with him tonight. Instead, I hear his screams from behind me.

"Where do you think you're going?"

I roll my eyes and shout back with a distasteful smile.

" It doesn't matter where I'm going, I can definitely run faster than your WIFI connection."

Apparently, that was not the answer he wanted, so the prince started shouting obscenities behind me. Vaguely, I wondered if I got bonus points if I pretended to give a shit. Within an instant, cables came out from above me, my eyes widened in surprise as they coil around my limbs, holding me captive. I struggle against my restraint, then stop and huff in annoyance. My ears perk up to the sound of cheap dress shoes and violent cursing. I look to the side, I'm graced with the look of Vox, covered in drywall with a cracked screen. May I say that sight was extremely entertaining.

"I told you, you should have gotten the warrantee, but you're too cheap to afford your own products, don't you make screen protectors, or do you import them from the weapons district? Did you really piss off Camilla that much she won't even give you a measly screen protector?" I said with a satisfying smile, and a laugh that could break glass, mocking his cracked screen.

Vox sneered at me, holding back another insult, or curse. I smiled back mockingly, that was until a few hundred volts of electricity assaulted my body. With the radio feedback increasing, my eyes turn to dials. Apparitions appear from the ground attacking the flat faced dimwit. He managed to dodge most of my attacks until my apparitions got a solid hit, staggering him. Vox lost focus just enough for the cables to loosen around me, I took my chance and escaped, teleporting into the shadows of the next building. Vox starts screaming at the wall, where I used to subside.

" This isn't over pussy!"

I snarl back at him "Finally something we both agree on."

Vox is extremely agitated now, cursing up a storm. I reappear and smile deviously at him. My form more than doubled in size as does his own in turn, this is going to be a long night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was nearly morning by the time I managed to stagger back to the hotel. My once luscious red coat in bloody taters, my body covered in bruises and deep gashes. The cable marks were bright red and sore, they had burned into my skin, so moving was a chore. I limped over to the bar and plop down heavily in a chair. Despite my ruined night, I still smile.