chapter four

-two souls don't find each other by simple accident.

I looked down at the ground as I  walked home. when I looked up I saw Dolores standing at the entrance wearing a frown on her face. she held out her hand and I took it. she pulled me into a hug and I started to whimper. 'how could I be so stupid Dolores.' i asked. 'i told her that I loved her.'

'i know, I heard the whole thing.' she started to rub my back. 'it's fine, it's okay.' i then started laughing.

'i told her,' i paused. 'that I loved her!' my transformation started to get out of control. first, I transformed into the man from the bakery and then the woman that I saw painting earlier in the morning. I then changed back to myself. 'i'm tired I just want to sleep.' i mumbled. 'goodnight.'

'goodnight.' she responded, patting me on the back softly. I slowly walked up the stairs into my room and closed the door quietly. I threw myself on my bed and then closed my eyes but I couldn't sleep. she was stuck in my head and I wish she wasn't, but I couldn't keep her out.

-y/n's room-

I climbed into my room from the window and then quietly closed it. I sat down on my bed and groaned. I laid down and hugged my pillow, after a couple of seconds of having my eyes closed, I fell asleep.

....

'welcome back.' a voice said. I opened my eyes and saw a girl standing in front of me. 'my name is Elvira, I'm your father's cousin it's good to meet you.'

'are you dead too?' i asked. 'wait no I'm sorry that was rude.' she laughed.

'it's fine.' she replied. 'i asked that question once too.' i looked inspected her face a bit more and noticed that I looked a lot like her. she was like a feminine version of my father. she had tan skin and long dark hair. 'you ran right?' she asked.

'what?' i asked

'when he said the words 'i love you, you ran.' she explained. I looked down at the floor, ashamed. 'i guess you did.' she pulled me in for a hug.

'i feel awful.' i whimpered. 'he was brave enough to say those three words and I just ran.'

'everyone makes mistakes y/n.' she consoles me. 'i made the same one when he confessed to me for the first time.'

'What did you do to fix it?' i asked.

'i told him how I felt, id only known him for a couple of days and that I didn't feel the same way.'

'but what do I do if I do feel the same way?' i asked.

'but I thought you only knew him for a couple of days?' she questioned.

'i've talked to him before, even if it was for a few minutes I immediately knew he was someone I wanted to be with.' i explained.

'pure love.' she whispered. 'the rarest sort of love, and the most dangerous.'

'then why is it called pure love.' i asked.

'it happens when you're very young, not many people experience it.' she explained. 'children are said to be purer than adults and that's why it's called pure love.'

'so what do I do, so I just ignore him until this little phase goes away or?' i questioned her.

'y/n you're a lot like me, sometimes I think that a piece of my soul broke off and merged with yours, and that is what scares me.' she told me. 'im scared that you're too much like me, so I want you to promise me that you won't be like me.'

'but I barely know you.' i said. 'how am I supposed t-'

'promise me!' she demanded.

I flinched. 'fine, I promise.' she smiled and started to fade away.

'thank you, and I hope to see you again one day.' she said. 'and don't forget about the gift you were given.' then she completely disappeared.

....

a/n
sorry for such a short chapter, i haven't been feeling very inspired.