The Photographer and the Future Gym Leader

"Hello there! Welcome to the world of Pokémon! My name is Oak! People call me the Pokémon Prof! This world is inhabited by creatures called Pokémon! For some people, Pokémon are pets. Other use them for fights. Myself... I study Pokémon as a profession. First, what is your name?"

"(Y/n)!" A six year old youngster replied as he stared at the Tv happily

"Right! So your name is <player>!"

"No! It's (y/n)!" The boy insisted.

"This is my grandson. He's been your rival since you were a baby. ...Erm, what is his name again?"

"How could you forget your own grandsons name?!" The girl sitting next to him on the couch asked sounding horrified. She was five. The two adults at the nearby kitchen table laughed at her reaction.

"Jasmine! That's his name!" The boy said with a laugh as the girl turned to look at him.

"I'm not a boy-" she was cut off by the tv.

"That's right! I remember now! His name is <rival>! <player>!"

"Call us by our names!" Jasmine demanded as she threw a small plush magnemite at the tv.

"Your very own Pokémon legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits! Let's go!"

10 Years Later

"Todays the day!" (Y/n) burst into Jasmines room causing her to wake up. The girls eyes widened when she saw the boy. She clutched her stuffed magnemite to her chest tightly.

 She clutched her stuffed magnemite to her chest tightly

"G-get out!... I need to get dressed..." she pulled the blanket up over her head so the boy couldn't see her face. "H-how did you even get in my house?"

"Oh, your mom let me in" (y/n) let out some nervous laughter and walked out of the room to give the girl time. He stood outside Jasmines door and began to think.

Today was the day. Professor elm, a man relatively new to his job as a Pokémon researcher, had come to Olivine city. Jasmines mom was a friend of the man and had convinced him to give (y/n) and Jasmine their first Pokémon.