Chapter 1

- "Name?"

- "Kim Seok-jin"

- "Age?"

- "25"

- "Job?"

- "Receptionist at L hotel"

- "Why did you kill Miss Park?"

- "I didn't kill her"

Kim Seokjin used to jump with joy when he was accepted to work at one of the top hotels in the country, L. But at this moment when he sat on his knees in a corner in this tiny, crowded, and smelly detention room, he wished he hadn't gone there. Looking at the supposed-to-be-neat-and-tidy suit covered in dirt, which made him different from the rest of the people in this room, he hugged his face and sighed while thinking: "Such bad luck! Will I just spend the rest of my life in this damn jail? God, please send an angel to help me."

It seemed that God did hear the sleazy boy's pitiful prayer; a deep voice resounded at the same time the cell door creaked.

-"Kim Seokjin, let's go."

Kim Seokjin raised his face towards the voice. Due to the darkness, he couldn't see the person's face but only saw a tall figure looking at him with his hands in his pockets. The light behind that man was like the light of a savior. Jin smiled helplessly in his heart, "Oh, he did look like an angel." He put his hands on the floor, tried to lift his exhausted body up, and walked with heavy steps after the person who "had just been sent down by God". That man once again led Jin to the interrogation room. This was the third time he came here, and Jin honestly hated this room much more than the detention room. People say third time lucky, but Jin didn't expect too much. As soon as the two of them entered the room, Jin calmly walked over to the familiar chair and sat down naturally.

"You seem to be familiar with this place, huh?" The other person smirked

"Third time already, shouldn't I be used to it?"- He replied nonchalantly.

"As long as you're comfortable" - The guy sat down on the chair across from him.

Oh, now he could clearly contemplate "the angel sent by God". A tall guy with nicely combed black hair and a manly look. His eyes were sharp, and Jin felt the chill when that man stared at him.

-"My name is Kim Namjoon, the captain of the X1 inspection team,"- said the guy.

Kim Namjoon then stretched his hand to the opposite person. Jin was a bit surprised by his behavior because it was the first time he saw a detective want to shake hands with a suspect. Seeing Kim Namjoon was still looking at him and remaining in that position, Jin reached out his hand to grasp his gently. But as soon as Jin's hand touched his, a powerful tug jerked his entire body forward. The detective leaned in so close that Jin could feel his breath. Namjoon raised his eyebrows slightly as if he was teasing him.

"Mr. Kim Seokjin, nice to meet you."

Kim Seokjin furrowed his brows, struggled to free himself from the detective's pincer-like grip. Noticing Seokjin's ears and neck getting redder and redder from the straining, Kim Namjoon stopped teasing him. He sat neatly on his chair, opened the file on the table, skimmed through.

-"Kim Seokjin, 25 years old, has worked as a receptionist at L hotel for one and a half years. Your relationship with other colleagues seemed fine. Don't look like a criminal to me"- Folding the file, he smirked.

"Because I'm not, you dumbass"- Jin thought.

-"At noon of April 12, the body of Ms. Park Yerin, daughter of Mr. Park- president of L group, was discovered in the bathroom of room 1204 with traces of rape and knife stabs on her chest. The weapon was found under the wardrobe, and the fingerprints on it were yours, Kim Seokjin. The forensics predicted that the time of Ms. Park's murder was between 23:00 to 24:00 on April 11. According to your previous testimony, at 23:30 on April 11, the guest in room 1202 requested you to bring his things down to the reception. You immediately went up to his room, but after knocking on the door a few times, the guest didn't show up, so you returned to the first floor. However, the CCTV recording on the 12th floor during that period was deleted, and according to the hotel management system, room 1202 was empty that night. In addition, there was no call to the reception from 1202 during that time. All evidence has pointed you as the culprit, Mr. Kim Seokjin."

-"I didn't kill her. No matter what you say, I'm not the culprit"- Jin said tiredly

-"I know"

Those two words were like a drumbeat hitting Jin's head so hard that every neuron in his head jumped excitedly. His heart beat even faster when he felt a glimmer of hope rising from Namjoon's low and hoarse voice.

"That's why I'm here,"- continued Namjoon.

Kim Seokjin felt like crying out loud when he found a buoy in the dark sea.

-"I can help you"- Kim Namjoon grinned," With one condition...."

The only thing that remained in Jin's mind at that moment was the hope of being saved from this slime. It was so bright and tempting that Jin almost ignored the sparkling eyes of the detective while placing the condition.