Chapter 11

The next day, as promised, Kim Namjoon sent him all the information he got regarding Kim Taehyung. Still, it didn't add much to the original one. There was one detail that he found interested, Kim Taehyung's mother.

The document mentioned that Kim Taehyung's mother, Mrs. Park's sister, left Korea at the age of twenty. Five years later, his mother died, and Kim Taehyung was forced into an orphanage. Not until another five years passed by did Mrs. Park find out the existence of his nephew. Since then, she began to sponsor his living and studying until Kim Taehyung graduated from university. After graduating, he went on his own. Within a few short years, he climbed to the general manager position in one of the most famous hotels in America. Indeed an admirable talent.

Jin was quite curious about Kim Taehyung's father as it wasn't mentioned at all. And it was unusual for Mrs. Park to take five years to find out about her sister's death and her nephew in the orphanage.

"Hmm, Kim Taehyung, there are too many mysteries about him. Is he really on Mrs. Park's side?"-thought Jin.

In addition, Jin was quite torn between two tempting options. One was Kim Taehyung's secretary while the other was wooing Mr. Detective since both options gave him a trace on the Park Yerin's case. He didn't dare to believe Kim Taehyung and that mint-haired guy..., his cunning look was even more suspicious.

If so, dividing eggs into two baskets and dividing rabbits into two cages seemed to be the best option. Being the GM's secretary was actually not bad, and he believed he would learn a lot of things and skills from that position. Still, in the second basket, he was really reluctant.

Even though he was pretty proud of his bright appearance, he didn't think that he would use it to seduce others for a not-so-simple purpose. Not to mention yet, the target was a look-like-a-straight man, and he was not gay either. Just thinking about it gave him chills all over the body.

.

.

.

The following day, Kim Seokjin came to Kim Taehyung and decided to take the GM's personal secretary position. Kim Taehyung was highly excited and satisfied with Jin's choice. He allowed his soon-to-be-his-secretary to arrange work with his department before officially taking over the job next week. As soon as Jin was about to leave, Kim Taehyung grabbed his hand and placed a small gift box on his palm with a vague message.

-"This is a welcome gift. It shows my appreciation for your clever decision, Seokjin. Open the gift when you reach home."

Jin frowned slightly at the gift box but quickly recovered from his suspicion with a polite smile. He then said thank you and left the office.

Kim Taehyung stood still at the same position staring at Jin's back with a mysterious smile on his lips.

-"Game on"

.

.

.

As soon as he and Jungkook got home, Seokjin immediately excused being tired and slipped into his room. After locking the door, he plugged the USB- the gift of the general manager, into his laptop.

On the screen, there was only a 1-minute video file with the title "Gift4SJ".  As soon as he clicked on the video, a very familiar view appeared on the screen that made his nerve cells begin to ache.

The video was taken from the CCTV at Hotel L on April 11 at 23:10. The camera's angle was accurately opposite the elevator on the 12th floor. The video quality was not too bad since he could clearly see the image of the two people who had just gotten out of the elevator. Park Yerin and her half-brother, Park Jimin.

He held his breath, watching the two main characters in the video. Cold sweat started to fall from Jin's palms as he noticed Park Yerin cling to Park Jimin, and then he dragged her towards room 1204. It was out of the corner, so he couldn't see anything else. His hands trembled as he pressed the play button again. Once. Twice. Three times... His stomach constricted, his hands and feet were getting colder. Still, everything in his mind was the image of the Park siblings intimately hugging each other.

Knock, Knock, Knock.

The knock on the door made him jump. Jin quickly pulled out the USB and hid it under the mattress while pretending to be tired.

"Um, Jungkook-ah...What's wrong?"

"Are you okay? Should I bring you some medicine?"- Jungkook's worried voice emerged from outside.

Seokjin finished hiding things up and opened the door. Looking at the simple yet glittering eyes of the other person somewhat calmed his mind, Jin patted the boy's head and smiled softly.

-"Just a bit tired. I'll be fine after some sleep."

-"I have cooked porridge for you. Eat first. You haven't eaten since this afternoon, and you look so unwell"- Jungkook ran to the kitchen to take a bowl of steaming porridge and give it to Seokjin.

The heat from the bowl of minced meat porridge was like a warm blanket on a winter day, dispelling the body's coldness and soothing the heart filled with tons of fears and confusion.