7 - Taking care

The next day it felt more like falling out of bed instead of really getting up. I looked into the mirror to see my messy hair and the dark circles under my eyes. But one look at the clock made me realize that I didn't have time to lament over that, so I just stuck out my tongue to that image looking back at me and reminded myself of one of my favourite songs: "Just choose anything to wear and prove that you only need a smile for your perfect outfit." I decided to do just that and grabbed my oversized black hoodie before scoffing over to the kitchen, making myself a cup of tea and breakfast. While eating, I checked the news and my messages. I had gladly taken Miri's invitation when she told me that she could pick me up on her way to work. She texted me that she would be there in fifteen minutes, so I put my dishes in the sink, went to brush my teeth and packed my necessities for today. As soon as this was done, I wandered outside, seeing her car already nearing. I smiled satisfied. Even after half a year of taking a complete break, I still had my timing.

"Thanks for picking me up", I said as I got in. "Don't mention it", she answered, "It's on the way anyway." I yawned and she grinned at me: "Should we stop by at the coffee shop?" "That's really nice of you, but caffeine makes me even more tired", I shrugged apologetically. "Okay", she replied, "But tell me if I can do something else for you." "Will do", I smiled. "How was the dinner with your neighbours?", she then asked. I looked at her surprised: "How do you know?" I can't remember telling her. She shrugged and explained: "Dongsik asked Seungbo about you knowing ONEUS when he came back and your cousin told me that you were invited. He seemed quite happy that they immediately welcomed you back like this." I tilted my head: "Seungbo told you? When?" Miri blushed slightly and I couldn't hide a grin. "We had a call... because of work, of course...", she said shyly. "Mm-hmm...", I replied, "Anyways, what is up for work today?" Miri regained her composure after I changed topic, but I had a hard time trying to stop grinning. She was cute. And the more I thought about it, I found that she might be exactly like the type of girls that Seungbo liked. However, it was none of my business for now. I tried to concentrate on the things she told me and nodded every now and then.

"Oh, and Charlie has a lot to do today, so she was asking if you could accompany her to the salon with the guys? Then she could brief the hairdresser and afterwards concentrate on her work while you take care of the guys", Miri asked. "Sure, if you don't need me at the company, I'm in", I shrugged. "We call that settled then; you're their babysitter for today." I grinned: "Alright." Miri parked the car and we got out. While I was getting my bag, she suddenly pulled out a big box from the backseat. I looked at it curiously. "Tech stuff that the company ordered for them", she explained, "I picked it all up on my way home yesterday. Can you help me carry?" "Of course", I answered and rushed over to do so. Meanwhile, another van had stopped near us and the guys got out, spotting us. I was struggling to balance out the various parcels and boxes on my arms as suddenly somebody lifted them all from me with ease. I was rather surprised to see Dongsik's smiling face behind them. "Let me help you", he said. "Thanks", I smiled. Gentleman as always, Yunho took over Miri's stuff and I tried to not laugh as I saw how Seungbo looked a bit sulky because he was a second slower than his friend in helping her out.

"Did you sleep well?", Dongsik asked while we wandered over to the others. "Heavenly", I answered, "But way too short." "We're you with your friends that long?", he investigated. I shrugged, stating: "It was so much fun, I didn't even realize how fast time passed by." "That's nice. But remember: Sleep is important", he answered. "Keonhee said the same thing yesterday", I chuckled. "Morning, Miri! Morning, Katy!", Ivan shouted over to us and waved excitedly. We waved back and soon caught up with them.

------

I was bending over my desk, highly concentrated on work as the door opened. "Time to go", Charlie announced loudly while she poked her head inside the room. I flinched and she chuckled. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you", she apologized. "All good", I replied and got up, grabbing my bag and jacket before following her outside. "Let's get the guys then", she said. We found them in the practice room sitting on the floor. Charlie clapped her hands and said firmly: "Get up, guys, you have an appointment at the salon." Seungjun groaned and let himself fall backwards while the rest stood up obediently. "I don't want to", the youngest announced. "Get up or I will choose an unbearable cute outfit for you on your first live broadcast", Charlie said calmly. In a second, Seungjun was up and sprinted to the door, looking back at us: "You're coming or what?" I shook my head smiling and Charlie smirked. "That was pretty cool", I grinned at her. She shrugged: "They're complicated sometimes. But once you know how to handle them, it's fine." "I guess so", I laughed. "Also, they are just really lovely", Charlie added while ruffling Seungjun's hair as she passed him by. "Hey!", this one protested and tried to fix it with a cute little pout. "Agreed", I laughed and we set off for the car.