ACT ONE

ACT ONE | PROPHET$

I was walking down the street to go to my institute, Freeridge High

Cesar was my ex-boyfriend. Jamal and Ruby are my best friends and Monse is my friend, just like Jasmine. My brother is crazy, he's from 19 Street, Cuete.

I arrived at the institute and when I entered I saw the football team, everyone said that I was the prettiest in the institute, but I was not the popular one, and I was not interested in being one.

I got together with Cesar and the others. Cesar still treated me like his girlfriend, but we were nothing.

- Hello Aisha, how are you? Best friend. - said Jamal.

- How about best friend? - Ruby spoke.

- I'm fine and you? - Ruby and Jamal sometimes itched to be the best of the best of friends.

[...]

We were in class and I saw how a green car ran fast down the road near the institute and the police were behind the car.

That made the whole class pay attention to The Prophet$ car.

I paid attention again in class, and no one spoke of the green car or the police again.

[...]

I left the last class and said goodbye to my friends. Now we would meet at Ruby's house. My brother Cuete, came to pick me up along with Sapo and his other friend from the gang, 19 Streat.

- How was your day sister?

- Everything's fine. - I said looking at my phone and opening the chat.

*FREERIDGE FRIENDS*
Ruby: See you at my house in 20 min.
Monse: Ok, Ruby.
Cesar: I'll get there later.
Ruby: No, Cesar, we don't all have to be on time. IT IS IMPORTANT!
Jamal: Easy, Ruby.
Monse: ¿Aisha, you come on?
Me: Yes, I'm coming.

It was a lie I was not arriving at Ruby's house, I ran out of my house and went to Ruby's, when the time comes I always put my hands on my knees and breathe with difficulty.

"Aisha, are you ..." I interrupted Jamal, putting my hand in front of him.

- I just need a moment. - I got up and went inside the house.

Among us it was normal to enter someone's house without permission or grab food.

- What's up Ruby, in chat you seemed very nervous. - I said.

- I am, LATRELLE IS BACK! - At that moment, Monse arrived with Cesar.

They all looked at each other, shocked maybe nervous, but I didn't know this Latrelle guy.