Who made me a princess (WMMAP)

Ok. 

I'll be honest.

I have HUGE bias for this manhwa coz it was my first isekai manhwa ever.

So take my opinion with a grain of salt for this one.

First off, the art is gorgeous. Like, I started reading it BECAUSE of its art. It's amazing. One of the best things about the manhwa. From the clothes to the detail in the jewel eyes, *chef's kiss*

Moving on to the plot. Ok, I enjoyed Season one. I enjoyed Claude's interactions with Athy, I liked how he went from only tolerating Athy's presence to genuinely caring for her. (I mean, from almost letting her drown to risking his life for her, I'd say that's huge development) All in all, I thought it was pretty good. (I read it a long time ago so my memory is rusty :P)

Then came the amnesia arc. I saw a lot of people drop WMMAP because of this very arc, either coz it was "too painful for them to handle" or "Too long, and too boring." If I'm not wrong, the manhwa deviated from the novel for this arc. 

I'll admit, I thought the arc would be over faster. I really didn't expect it to take 54 chapters. 

However, I actually kinda enjoyed the amnesia arc? Seeing Jennette's relationship with Athy grow stronger, Anastacius, and especially Claude's backstory. I think up till that point we barely knew anything about Claude, so it was great to see the reason behind his cold and distant attitude. 

I did have my fair share of problems with it too. While I enjoyed all the tidbits of growth outside the main plot, the start of the arc ticked me off a lot. 

As we all know, LP (lovely princess) Claude was a d*ck that mercilessly killed a teenage girl. EVEN if she wasn't your daughter (which she was) there's no reason why you should treat her like shit. Just take the special mana that causes jewel eyes out (It's possible, as seen in chapter 114) and make her a commoner. Then at least you don't need to care for her and she doesn't need to put up with your shit.

At the start of WMMAP, he's just this emo pretty blonde suffering and a daddy (both literally and figuratively). But we saw him change. We saw him love. He grew different from the LP Claude and we were glad. Then the amnesia arc said "Haha fuck you" and went on to remove those very positive traits and essentially his character development.

That just means that he just reverted into the monster he was always meant to be. That just makes him the same tyrannical ruler that executed his daughter. It was made worse when, after disowning her, Claude had tried to kill Athy. At that point, to us and Athy, it would mean that the first season, all of Athy's efforts, were for nothing.

And that was incredibly frustrating. It was supposed to be more sad than angry, but all I could do was be mad. Mad that I know how Athy may suffer the same fate as her predecessor. Mad how, for the second time, Claude had abandoned Athy.

 Mad how, for the second time, Claude had abandoned Athy