Chapter 1: Rush to Move Out

Vampires and werewolves, both afflicted with divine magic to make them those things, had been fighting each other for reasons neither side truly knows anymore. Each side believed that the other was the aggressor, and they had formed two major factions in this long term war. There was the Vampire Superclan and the Werewolf Superpack, each of which was mostly composed of the group in its name. It was possible for a single person to be both a vampire and a werewolf, and while this might seem good with some of the strengths of both, said person would gain the weaknesses of both, which means silver weapons, fire, sunlight, and garlic can kill them. Said hybrids were not accepted by either group, each viewing them as a stain of what they believed should be more pure members of their group. The vampires originated in eastern Europe, specifically what is now Romania. The werewolves, however, had no clear point of origin.

Even though members of the two factions were taught to try to kill off the entirety of the other one, they both tried to hide their true natures from humans. Since there was a lot of pop culture with members of either or both groups in it, the creators knew those were real, though some humans didn't believe the two exist, or believed certain things about them that were not true.

There was also another group, though their goals are to end the fighting between the two through diplomacy rather than genocide of one or both groups. Fittingly, this group was known as the V.W.A. Some members wanted vampires and werewolves to team up to take out humans, or at least become dominant over them. Others wanted peace between humans, vampires, and werewolves.

Dimitri Ionita, born a vampire in 1995, had finally stopped physically aging in 2021, which meant that he was old enough to go out on his own. He was eager to do this, as he and a man born a werewolf, named Fergus Cosma, had a mutual crush on each other, and they feared their parents would not approve their son dating not only a member of the other major faction, but also another man. Said parents preferred tradition and believed that there used to be good old days. Fergus was three years older, so he had already left his parents and bought a house that was a good size for two people. Unlike their parents, they did not want to be killers, even though werewolves required a higher percentage of meat in their diet, and the only way for vampires to get sustenance was for them to drink blood. The blood and meat could be from humans, or it could be from animals, which they planned to exploit by farming pigs and/or cows. Dimitri grabbed bags of pig blood he bought from a store, planning to feed on it. He quickly left once the sun fell without saying goodbye to them, which they found suspicious. He called Fergus and asked, "Where is that house you wanted us to buy?"

"It's in Canada. Do you know where it is?"

"Yes, I do. My parents taught me geography and where countries were in the world."

"Then turn into a bat and fly here!"

Dimitri was not willing to do everything that would make the vampire curse as strong as it could be. Due to this, he decided to take multiple rides to his new home. First, he got a passport so he could board a boat heading for Canada. He brought enough blood bags to last the journey with him, and he did not leave his cabin. The boat arrived without incident, and while it was still nighttime, he took a plane to an area closer to their new house. He was tempted to jump out, but decided against it because that would open the plane up to the outside, lowering the pressure, though he would survive the fall. He managed to travel by night until he got to the new house. The house Fergus chose and had moved into was in a rural area ideal for raising livestock to feed from. Once he arrived, Fergus asked, "Did you plan to bring more things?"

"Oh, shit! I forgot to bring my spare clothes, my computer, books, collection, and coffin! I'll wait until tomorrow night to get those."

Fergus had the ability to change between his human, wolf, and werewolf form at will, the latter of which he had to do more for the god whose influence let werewolves exist to allow access to. The house seemed small, but it had a large basement with two floors, designed to allow Dimitri to safely stay all day while still letting him be aware of what was going on around him. Fergus, like any werewolf that was not also a vampire, could go out during the day and be just fine.