something's changed

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐jisung

jisung

by sixth period, i had only gotten worse.

not only was my head pounding, but my vision was starting to blur, i had chills and i felt extremely nauseous. my weirdest symptom was that my jaw ached along with my gums, causing me severe pain every time i opened my mouth. my classes passed by incredibly slow, and my students obviously could tell something was up. i shrugged it off when they asked if i needed to sit down.

it's just a little cold, i told them. maybe i was trying to convince myself and not them.

minho met me in my classroom after the bell rang, carrying two bags with him. one was our lunch and another must've been from the drug store. he placed the bags down on a student desk before walking over to my shaking body.

i was propped up in my desk chair with my eyes closed, the light really bothering me at the moment. my boyfriend carefully helped me walk over to a table in the corner of my classroom, getting me all set up with my food before placing his jacket around my shoulders.

he held his hand out with a pill for my head but i groaned in response. "you don't want it?" i shook my head, feeling my jaw burn.

"are you sure you're ok, jisung? do you need to go home?" minho asked, holding my hand while he sat down next to me. i shook my head, causing another shooting pain in my jaw.

"i can't take the car, you won't be able to get home," i mumbled, slightly annoyed that my body had decided to completely decompose today. "it's fine, i can wait it out."

i couldn't.

minho tried to make me eat but my stomach hurt way too much. i took a bite of my sandwich before immediately spitting it back out. it tasted moldy and bitter to me, but my tastebuds must've been messed up cause it was just a sandwich to him. he couldn't hide the concern in his eyes.

we had five minutes left before our next period started. i was half awake in my chair, my head practically lying down on the table in front of me. i felt my shoulder shake as i groaned, my muscles contracting at the light touch.

"let's go home, jisung," minho begged, "you need some rest. i'll take the afternoon off."

i was too tired to bother protesting his offer. he packed up my stuff before walking us out to the car, my arm slung over his shoulder for support. i melted into the passenger seat and fell asleep within seconds, letting my exhaustion take over.

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘