𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐

𝐓he last song was playing in the playlist, 'jealousy' by olivia Rodrigo. This song had something. Sanya felt this song depicts  the real life. Jealousy can lead to anything. Let it be self harm or other's harm. 

Music was a huge part of Sonya. She felt like it was a piece of her body. It was like a piece of puzzle. A set of puzzle seems lost if a piece gets lost, it's same with Sonya.

After huge argument with her conservative traditional parents, Sonya finally won the verbal battle and now she is in Mumbai,  trying to become a music composer and lyricist. A new city for her. Basically it's a new life. Life here is way better than her life back in the small vilage of Bihar.

Life there was a nightmare for Sonya. After the death of her elder sister, music was the only thing that saved her. From that day she knew music was her present and future. Music helped her to avoid the present in those days cause they were terrifying. Constant fighting between their parents were normal. Though she didn't have to suffer. She remember how her parents told her to leave her music and  marry a guy.

Raindrops were dropping on the  window pane.
Suddenly she heard something break behind her. She turned around to see what's going on but didn't find anything. The music soon ended but to, she tapped the play button to play that song again.

Suddenly she felt a cold wind on her back and neck almost tickling her.  She could not help herself to think how cold air was inside the room. All the windows were closed.

“𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐮?” Sanya's ribs was chilling with the sudden call of her name.

“No.How can this be. H-ow. S-sanu how? This name? Voice? WHO IS IT!?” sanya couldn't say anything more cause her shouting made the change and in front of her , she could see the olivia rodrigo poster turning into her- her dead sister!

“She is right you know. Those pretty faced girls get all the attentions.like you”. That poster with her dead sister in place of olivia rodrigo called out. The next thing she saw made her stop breathing for a second. dead came out of the poster and stood in front Sanya.

Sanya could not say anything, her spine was chilling. Her throught was drying.  She was shaking like a  leaf.

“You know what killed me that day? Comparison. That  thing killed me slowly. Your so called beautiful face was everything mom and dad could think of. Am i ugly just because i am black?”
Sanya's brain went back to the memories .

“ Rani,  Are you going to the wedding looking like this? Look at your face! You look like a muddy puddle. Go and put some fair and lovely and also take some powder. You will look all fair and beautiful like your sister”

“Remember? How you used to stay silent and mom used to  remind me that i'm ugly”.

Sanya's  could not take it anymore. What did she do? But she could not say anything cause words were not coming through her voicebox after the next thing she saw.

Rani grabbed her sister's neck and caressed her face. How can a person , more like spirit be gentle and aggressive at the same time.

“You know how this racism and comparison killed me? It killed me slowly but it made me pain a lot. Every word of mom made my  journey to death closer”.

sanya felt the hands get off her skin. She felt herself feel bad for her sister which she honestly never felt. She never understood how her sister felt like that. She always thought that's her sister's problem. Not hers.
“You know the last day of my life was the day when i asked you for help. Remember?”

Yes. She did.

“Sanu? Can we talk?” Rani knocked her door that day when she was busy doing her makeup.

“ Didi(elder sister), if it's again about your mental problem, then  no i'm busy. I can't do anything if you are jealous of me. Just accept ma loves me more than you” Sonya could remember that day. what a witch she was  that day. 
                                        ----
“I just wanted to open up and cry in front of you. I just wanted to share. I could not take anymore so, i went to the rooftop and-”

Sonya couldn't take it anymore. She bursted into tears. No she can't hear anymore. She couldn't hear how her sister died because of her! She closed her ear with her hands and cried and cried.

“I-I am s-sorry sorry... If i stopped being such a witch...then i could saved you. If i just listened to you and understood you. I could- could h-have saved you!”

Sonya jumped and went to hug the white mist but before she could it  flew up in the air and transferred into a word ' Thank you for listening to me'.

“Sonya? Are you awake? Sonya? ” Sonya startled. It was her roommate Aisha.
“What happened? You look scared... Did you have a nightmare? ” asked a worried Aisha.
“Huh? Where am i? Oh... Sorry..i'm okay..” sonya smiled to herself... No way it was  a nightmare.. It was a game changer. A life changer. “ I'm a lot better than before” replied Sonya with a smile.

“Okay...if you say so... By the way a letter with your name on it came” said Aisha confusingly.

Sonya teared the seal and took out the letter.

The letter contained a invitation for the talent hunt she applied and she is accepted.

“Why are sad? Bro, you are accepted. Can you believe? Be happy!” Aisha asked by seeing Sonya frown after reading the acceptance letter.

“no. Aisha. This is not for me. And you see this song playing. This is the last music which listened to with a evil mindset... All this years i misunderstood music. The song i sang in the audition was a song depicting racism. I will understand music in the right way and become a good composer and lyricist. 
This is the last song” Sonya said looking at the jealously poster on spotify playing.

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 : 1069
𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐞 : 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞.

𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭, 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞!
𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐲𝐞 ✌︎

𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭, 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞! 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐲𝐞 ✌︎