New York

"Well, well, well if it isn't miss 'Tucky?" I hear a familiar voice say. I am leaving my final class of the day with one of my new friends that I've made in New York. I stop to turn around because I know that voice is talking to me.

I turn around and see him. "Sam? What are you doing here?" I ask running to give him a hug. I haven't seen him since the day I left Nashville, when everyone came there to throw me a good bye party.

I've been in New York for four months now. And honestly I'm loving it. Hunter and I quit talking about two months after I moved out here. He was always busy when I'd call and I would be busy when he called. It never worked out so we said when school was over I would come back to him.

I haven't dated or been interested in anyone here. No one compares to Hunter. Plus, school keeps me very busy.

"I came to see you." Sam Ellis, Hunters pianist tells me as he lifts me up in a hug.

"But why?" I ask him when he sits me back down on the ground.

"Umm?" My new best friend Jordan asks me. She's my roommate here, and we have a lot in common. We became best friends very fast. Cassie and I don't talk much anymore either. It's hard since she's married to Matt and is due with her twins any day now. I told her to call though, I told her I would always be here for her. But thinking about her makes me think about Hunter, which makes me sad. So I don't go there.

"I am so sorry. Jordan, this is Sam Ellis," I tell her, "Sam this is Jordan." They shake hands and Jordan turns to me. "Well I better go to work. See you tonight." Jordan walks away to leave Sam and I to talk. We walk over to a near bench which is under a huge oak tree.

"Hunter misses you. We all miss you. I miss you." Sam tells me laying his hand on top of mine. This moment reminds me of the night when me and him slow danced in my backyard while Hunter was on the phone with Carrie.

"I'm not here to tell you we want you to come back. We are all very proud of you. But I just wanted to check up on you. Make sure you were all right. Are you all right?" Sam asks me looking straight into my eyes. I look back at his and notice he has beautiful green eyes. He blinks waiting for me to reply.

"When I'm not thinking about him, I'm fine. I have my days though." I tell him looking down at the ground around us. It wet from all this April rain.

"Are you sure?"

"Where does Hunter think you are right now?" I ask changing the subject.

"He knows I'm here." Sam says. I'm shocked to hear that.

I stand up and start walking toward my apartment. It's very close to my school. I walk from there to school and back everyday it's easier than trying to drive in this town.

Sam follows behinds me, just staying one step behind. When we get to my apartment I open the door but he just stands there. I give in, "Would you like to come in?"

"I would love too." Sam says walking through the door. He walks around looking at it.

It's small but big enough for me and Jordan. Two bedrooms and two baths. We painted the living room light purple and has my paintings in it. The kitchen is painted bright green with her art in it. And both of our rooms are a bright aqua blue.

"I like it." Sam tells me sitting down on the couch.

"Hungry?" I ask him. I usually always fix supper after school.

"Starving." I walk over to the kitchen to start cooking. "I can help you." He says getting up and walking into the kitchen.

I start to get out different food items.