Chapter 1: Intro to My Life

It took me and my mother a few days to finally finish the moving from Coumarine City to this nice little  town of Vaniville. I will admit, I will miss the beach that was really close to our house that I could literally go to the beach by just jumping out the front door. But my mother said that we all needed a fresh start. Well, that's at least one reason...the other was quite personal. Just a month before the move, I had talked to my mom about wanting to be a Pokemon trainer and have a journey of my own instead of doing boring adult stuff like working in an office all day. My mom struggled hard to change my mind but in the end, she realized that I am an adult now that can basically his own decision. She thought that going on a journey with Pokemon would be emotionally troubling for me, considering my curse. It was pretty scary to had learn that something so hurtful was a thing that was given to me since I was a baby...it was even more hurtful to know that my dad left us because of it. But even with all of that, it doesn't stop me from wanting to be a trainer to my future Pokemon friends! I was thinking about all of it, I caught myself just staring at the sky and my mom calling out from the kitchen inside our new home. "Kenny, dear! Come inside and help me with dinner!" She hollered. I look over at the door. "Coming!" I take one look at my mom's Rhyhorn, who is sleeping in its Rhyhorn house. For something that seems imitating, it is a total sweetheart and looks so cute when it is sleeping. I head inside the house and close the front door. "What are we having?" I ask my mom. My mom looks over at me from the kitchen with just a pot on the stove and some ingredients. "Oh, nothing special. Just some soup. Just needed help with the vegetables while I get the noodles ready." She says as she begins to fill the pot with water. I nod and walk over into the kitchen and grab a knife. "Alright. On it." I grab the leeks and other vegetables she wants to use and start chopping away. "So, Kenny...I hear that the professor would send some of the neighbors here in the morning to get your first Pokemon. Apparently they are also getting their first Pokemon too so you shouldn't feel left out." She says softly as she heats up the pot on the stove. As soon as I finish chopping up the leek, I look over at mom. "Left out? Why would I feel left out if I were to get Pokemon alone?" I ask before getting to the next vegetable. My mom just simply sighs. "I don't know...I'm just worried about you...that's all." She looks down at the water, that's not yet boiling. I look at her and I just can't really blame her. I set the knife down then give her a hug from her side and look at the water with her. "Don't worry, mom. I'll alright on this journey. I am an adult now after all." I tell her. She smiles sadly and look at me. "Thanks for that, Kenny...I just cannot help it. I am a parent after all." She says softly. "You know what? How about you leave dinner to me? Just go unpack your things." I tilt my head and let go of her. "You sure you don't want me to help more?" I ask. She giggles softly and replies, "It's fine really. It's just soup." I shake my head and chuckle at her comment. "Alright. I will go leave with the soup." I then turn around and went upstairs, not before greeting Mom's Fletchling, who is simply standing in its cage. "Hi there." I say to it, which it chirps happily in return. I smile at it then head for my room where I just unpack and change into my pajamas. For the rest of the night, I ate dinner with mom and talked about how I will become a great trainer and make her proud of me then I went off to bed to sleep. Later that night, I begin to have a dream about the starter Pokemon I might end up getting...but that is the thing...I do not know what Pokemon the professor is offering. So the first thing that came in mind was an Eevee. The Eevee looks at me with a happy expression and I noticed that it has a collar around its neck with a name. I look at the collar to see that the Eevee's name is Honey. I smile. "Glad to meet you, Honey. We have a big journey ahead of us." I say to it and went to pet it, but as soon as my fingertips touch the fur, the Pokemon suddenly turned into ashes and bones. I freaked out and took steps back until I felt something at my heel. I look behind me to see a bundle of Pokemon bones. This dream has never occurred to me before so it really scares me since I am sure it symbolizes the curse and the many blood from my Pokemon partners that will be on my hands. I try to wake myself up to escape this nightmare but nothing I do works. As I try to wake up, I felt a disturbing presence around me and I take a look above me. There, I see a giant winged silhouette of a Pokemon that I have never seen before staring down at me and gives a devilish grin that contrasts the darkness. Then it went for a dive attack and I start screaming.