Chapter 7

"See you tomorrow Natsu. Make sure to bring more of those strawberries tomorrow."

"Sure. I'll bring more strawberries tomorrow and they'll all be for you."

"BYE! See ya tomorrow Luce." Natsu said, waving goodbye at Lucy.

"BYE!...I'm looking forward to it." Lucy said, saying the last 5 words when she knew he was far enough to hear it. And with that Lucy headed back to Mystic Grove already excited to see the boy tomorrow.

She sat on the grass near the lake where she and Natsu always rest after an exhausting day and used her wind magic to spy on Natsu. This was a routine of hers since she met Natsu, everytime Natsu goes home she would use her powers to spy on him or as she says it 'to make sure he gets home safely.'

You must be wondering if she could just use her powers to see him. Why would she be looking forward to seeing him the next day? Well for her seeing him in person, laughing with him, talking with him or just feeling his presence near her is something far greater than any kind of magic and that's why she treasures their memories together. She treats everyday with him like it's their last moments together and that's why every time he comes to spend time with her she makes sure it would be the best and most memorable day of his life.

She knew that one day all of that will end eventually but she can't help but wish that they could just last forever. It was the first time in centuries that she's ever made a friend let alone a human friend that was something she didn't think that was possible to happen after all all the humans hated and feared them but Natsu changed all of that he made her feel wanted and special, don't get her wrong she has her spirit friends but they all have their own responsibilities as the Mountain Gods guardian spirit, it was nice to have a friend who you can laugh with, someone who you can share your problems with and someone who treasures just as much as you treasure them , that's what she saw in Natsu that made her fall in love with him. The way he doesn't judge someone based on their appearance or on their history is what she liked about him.

She didn't want to admit it at first because she knew that it's impossible for her to be in love let alone in love with a human and even if they did get in a relationship it wouldn't even last long, there are many reasons but the main one is because of the curse. What kind of relationship will that be if they can't even hold each other without the other one dying. But aside from all of that she knew she can't get rid of the feelings she held for Natsu that easily. That's why she just accepted it even though it took her a long time to even realize it.

"Hey Lucy what're you doing?" Someone asked from behind her.

"Mirajane! You startled me, don't do that again!" Lucy exclaimed.

Mirajane is one of the Mountain Gods guardian spirits. She has long beautiful white wavy hair and blue eyes. Her element is fire that makes her the fire spirit but her fire isn't like the normal fire her fire's color is blue. She's a sweetheart but when she snaps she practically turns into a demon. She's also a matchmaker, she was the one that made Lucy accept her feelings for Natsu.

"She's probably spying on her boyfriend again." Lissana said, smirking at the blonde.

Lisanna is also one of the Mountain Gods guardian spirits. She has a white pixie cut hair and blue eyes like Mira. Her element is water that makes her the water spirit. And just like Mirajane she's also a matchmaker, she always teases Lucy about Natsu along with another spirit.

"He's not my boyfriend...and I'm not spying I'm just making sure he gets home safely!" Lucy said, blushing 50 shades of red when Lissana said Natsu's her boyfriend although she doesn't like to admit it but she kind of likes it when they say Natsu's her boyfriend it makes her feel all fuzzy yet warm on the inside.