Chapter 13

~ 2 weeks later ~

Today is a very busy day at Magnolia High School, the students were preparing for the graduation ceremony that was going to happen in a week.

It's been 2 weeks since Natsu's birthday and since his birthday is in spring, it was just a couple of weeks before their graduation. Ever since his birthday Natsu always wore the scarf that Lucy gave him 24/7, he only takes it off when he takes a bath. His family even got curious about the thing, they even asked him where he got it, he just simply said, "It's from a friend."

Speaking of Natsu, he and the gang are in the cafeteria taking their break when suddenly...

"Natsu Dragneel please report to the principal's office." Said a voice that came from the speaker.

"Me?" Natsu said he got curious as to why he was summoned to the principal's office, even his friends got curious.

"What'd you do now Natsu?" Erza said.

"I didn't do anything! Well at least not that I know of."

His friends just let out a sigh. Even though Natsu's great in school he still gets into trouble because of his destructive nature.

"Whatever, I'm sure it's nothing bad. I'll be in and out of there in no time, so see ya." Natsu said, heading to the principal's office.

The gang just stared at his disappearing figure

"What'd you think that was about?" Gray said.

"I don't know but whatever it is I'm sure it's not that bad." Erza said, while eating a slice of strawberry cake.

They continued chattering for a while, just as Natsu arrived with an unreadable expression, they didn't know if he was sad, mad, worried, confused or scared.

He sat down on the empty seat which was by the way beside Gray, and slammed his head on the table.

"Uh dude you ok?" Gray asked.

"No," Natsu grumbled, his head still on the table.

"What happened there?" Erza asked.

"Someone from a college school offered me a scholarship..."

"That's great!"

"But the problem is, it's in another city."

"Oh"

"Where is it?" Levy asked.

"All the way in Crocus."

"That means..." Levy started.

"I won't be able to see Lucy again."

"What are you gonna do about it?" Erza asked.

"I don't know, they gave me until graduation to decide. It is a great opportunity but if I go that means I have to leave Lucy behind and I can't do that to her. I promised her that I'll always be there...I don't know what to do! You guys gotta help me!"

"I wish we could, Natsu but this is a decision you have to make yourself." Levy said.

"It's too bad that Lucy can't leave the grove because of the curse but if she could you could take her there with you that way you'll still be together and get to college but that's impossible am I right?" Gray said.

What Gray said made Natsu think, if he found a way to break the curse then he could take Lucy with him.

"That's it Gray you're a genius!" Natsu exclaimed.

"Say what?!" The others said in unison.

"Natsu, dude I was just kidding." Gray said, trying to knock some sense into him but of course Natsu wasn't even listening, he was too busy trying to figure out a way to break the curse.