Decisions

Bela managed to make a full recovery. As soon as she was out of the bed, she was a cheerful and active as before. Her return from the death also gave her new perspectives and she became more active, helping her mother our around the house or taking over as head of the household when Alcina was busy or not around. She started to appreciate and value life more and Matt would also help her out whenever he could.

He was on his way to the library when he heard music coming from Alcinas chambers. It was Dance Macabre, one of her favorites. Seeing that the door was slightly open, he peaked inside and was just about to knock when he saw Alcina. His jaw dropped to the floor.

She was completely naked!

Just standing in front of the mirror, letting her hands wander over her voluptuous body. He couldn't take his eyes of her, she was just perfect. What little fat she had was in all the right places, making her even more beautiful. Even Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love, would be jealous of her body.

Matt began to please himself as he watched Alcina getting dressed. He wondered what things they would do together once he became part of her family. How was she in bed? Loving or rough? He let all his fantasies flow and forgot about everything else.

"Don't stay there lurking in the shadows, darling. I don't like being spied on."

Her voice nearly gave him a heart attack. This was going to be so embarrassing and he knew it. Rearranging his pants, he stepped forwards into he room and the light. "I... wasn't spying on you, Mylady."

"Hm... really? Then what were you doing there?" she smiled and leaned forwards, showing off more of her chest. She loved acting sexy around him.

"I was.... I was...." he stuttered.

"Yes?" she continued with her smile.

"I was admiring you." he finally admitted. He was blushing like a tomato and there was still a large bulge in his pants that he couldn't possibly hide.

Alcinas eyes widened as she put two and two together. She was shocked that her beloved boy would do something like that and she had to admit, she was getting aroused. Because she REALLY like what she saw. "Oh dear!"

Matt began to stutter apologizes to her but she silenced him with a finger to the lips. "If you were any other man I would call you a adulator but you.... oh you are never able to hide your true feelings. And it's one of the many things I love about you." she assured him.

Now that things seemed to have cooled down, she offered him a place by the fire and he gladly accepted. "Bela told me how you visited her every day. It was sweet of you. And overall, my girls have grown very fond of you." This only strengthened her belief that he was the right man.

"Speaking of Bela... she said something big is coming? Something important?" he carefully asked her. Even though she confided in him, it was mostly personal matters and not politics or something like that.

Alcinas eyes began to glow. "Yes, finally everything is very clear to me now. Clearer than ever. Now I know who can be trusted, who cannot and what needs to be done to ensure the safety of House Dimitrescu."

"Mylady... you are scaring me. What is going on?"

"I'm afraid I cannot tell you. I don't want you to get involved in a battle that is not yours. Unless you..." She sighed. "I guess there is no more time, my dear. I need to know your answer because time is running out. If you say no, you have my word as Countess that I will personally make sure you can leave this place safely. But if you say yes, you must know that you will become part of a conflict that is bigger than all of us and I expect you to always pledge your loyalty to House Dimitrescu. Family is everything. You know... in the past I was told that being part of the noble family like mine meant to receive an heritage, a legacy. Something that needs to be protected at all times and be passed down to the next generation. As you can see, things went quite differently for me. What I have will be mine forever, just like my precious daughters. And you, if you accept my offer."

Matt listened closely to her. "I understand. But... what conflict? You have been talking about it all the time but you never tell me. Has is something to do with that Winters man?"

"I cannot tell you more unless I know what you wish to do. Do you want to leave us or become one of us?" Her eyes were glowing again but in a different shade this time. She was scared that he was going to say no and she would never see him again. The chance was low, and she knew that. But it was still there.

"I... Yes. I wish to become part of your family." he said with confidence. It was done. A huge weight had been lifted of his shoulders.

And off Alcinas too. She breathed a huge sigh of relief. "I can't say I'm surprised. But I am still overjoyed to hear you say that. You decided who you want to be." She stopped for a moment before deciding to throw in a personal story, to show him how much she related to him. "You see... killing humans, drinking their blood and eating their flesh is something that, like anyone else, I considered horrible, revolting, a crime. Even after I was turned into a vampire. But... I have lived for over a century, through two world wars and many, many crises. And let me tell you, you have no idea what horrible and revolting things people did. I have seen what so called 'civilized humans' are ready to do. And for what? All in the name of survival. And I will do the same. For me, my daughters... and now for you too."

She leaned in closer, staring into his eyes. "Evil will always exist. It will never stop and so we all must play our parts. We have to defend what we love without hesitation or we will be annihilated. And once you are dead all your money, all your titles... they mean nothing to Death. I plan to stay on this earth of a long, long time. And with you by my side we will rule these lands as King and Queen." She had fire in her eyes that attracted Matt even more to her.

But what was she talking about? Surely she couldn't mean... revolting against Mother Miranda? "What... what about your siblings?"

"Oh don't worry about them. We have to prepare you for the ceremony and I must inform Mother Miranda. I'm sure she will be glad to turn you into one of us. Everything else will be dealt later, don't worry about that." She smiled and poured him a glass. "Let's make a toast."

He really needed a drink right now so he accepted. Alcina raised her glass. "To new beginnings. And to House Dimitrescu."