Christmas plans

A few weeks before Christmas, 1979

The pythons had just finished promoting their new film, Monty Python's Life Of Brian. So now after travelling and being away from home for most of this year, they could just be at home, relaxing. Although the work for the pythons was not yet finished for the year as they were already thinking of ideas for their next movie and thought it would be good to spend Christmas together.

The idea was first introduced at one of the Python's monthly meetings...

'guys...' interrupted Michael whilst the others were discussing ideas about their next film 'Why don't we do something on Christmas day... All 6 of us?'.

There was a moment of silence while the other pythons pondered this unusual idea.

They've been working together for 6 years yet when a major celebration arrives, they usually spend it individually with their wives/partners and families, mainly because they can't deal with each other for a long period of time and if they are forced to spend an extended period with each other, they need space. They also didn't know one another very well personally and rarely socialised outside the work environment.

'I want to spend Christmas with my (wife/partner and children)' commented all the pythons

'You can bring them' replied Michael

'I don't know...' moaned John 'I just prefer to relax at home without Jonesy annoying me'

'Shut up John. Don't be a Christmas grinch' teased Terry J angrily, pushing John slightly

'oh alright... As long as Connie, Cynthia and the cats can come?'

'Yes John everyone can come... if it means you will spend Christmas with us'

John inched closer to Michael 'I would love to spend Christmas with you'

The others raised an eyebrow or rolled their eyes 'okay you too love birds... get a room.

Michael decided to change the awkward subject

'Right everyone's in'

Everyone nodded

'And wives and partners and children are invited too' Michael confirmed

So it was agreed that for the first time in Python history that the pythons would spend Christmas together

I wonder how that would go?