Chapter 61

I didn't wonder who it was that rang the doorbell until the moment I heard the footsteps above me. I was still crying and sobbing like crazy but I lifted my head. Sangwoo, I thought first. Sangwoo... Is he coming back? No. Are there other steps? Is someone here? I heard muffled voices. He wasn't alone. He let someone in. A girl? Someone he would kill, or someone who would leave in a few minutes again? I guess that pretended on how the conversation ends.

More footsteps. I listened carefully and wiped my tears with my wrist. My cheeks were warm and I felt better when I kept my cool hands on them. I stopped crying when I took a deep breath to calm down. I was done. I wouldn't be able to deal with more today, especially not a person dying.

I crouched into the corner, I threw my arms around my legs and put my head on my knees, shaking badly, but I didn't think about going upstairs. Especially not when I heard someone howling and screaming and begging desperately for his life. It was a man. He killed an old man whose voice sounded so fragile and weak. Poor man... I couldn't help thinking about the old man with the cards. His warm blood splashing on my cold skin. His twitching hands which I felt on my stomach. I killed him...

It was silent after minutes. I heard the door after hours and only then I decided to go up. I couldn't bear the cold anymore.