chapter one

"hey snazzy-pants, get your ass out it's closing time!"

an annoying grin rested on the boy's face, turning around to make eye contact with the store's owner, ukai keishin, and waving ever so politely. the blonde adult, loosely holding a cigarette between his two fingers, grew a playful scowl as he shook his hand in the air at the brunette high school student.

"i'm only wearing a turtleneck and dress pants, just admit that I have a better taste in fashion than you, old man," he smirked, placing the bag of chips and strawberry lemonade bottle onto the counter. the strawberry lollipop he grabbed already sat inside his mouth, twirling around his tongue while waiting for his other items to scan.

in all honesty, the boy's outfit was different in comparison to his peer counterparts; his business casual, an aesthetically-pleasing style that people would dream of if they have been on Pinterest. the time and location for his well-being, 9 p.m. on a friday, didn't support the tucked green turtleneck, black dress pants, and amounts of jewelry that covered his fair skin.

"you look like you went on a coffee date," he stifled a laugh, "by yourself, kid. you can't even begin to compare my fashion sense, especially while I'm at a work," ukai rolled his eyes, ringing up the beloved non-nutritional items the teenage boy craved so eagerly.

a scoff exited the boy's mouth, "my rings say otherwise you overgrown bleached root. now, what's my total again?"

"$5.25, and hey who the hell are you calling an overgrown bleached root? it's disrespectful-"

sora slid a five-dollar bill and the additional quarter onto the tray, grabbing his items and making a break for the automatic doors. he held up a peace sign, making ukai break out in a fit of red anger, and the boy could almost see the imaginary steam pumping out of his ears.

"what the hell, you interrupted me you little brat!" he yelled after sora, listening to the laugh that returned in response to his grumbling. "I have to study! see ya!"

the night sky was quite peaceful, the slow breeze and open stars felt nice in comparison to the city smog and tense atmosphere, even if it's been almost three years since sora moved out of the urban area and into the countryside. the house rental he lived in wasn't the biggest, but it provided the basic needs for his age and a comfortable space for him to call home.

his walks around the smaller town were also something he enjoyed as a way to take a break from school and take a breath of fresh air. the schooling is done online, eight hours a day, with his legs cramped up in his desk chair while staring at his touch-screen computer. the breath of fresh air after immediate school always brightened up his attitude, and the serene landscaping could make him die peacefully with contempt.

sora grabbed the glass bottle of strawberry lemonade, unscrewing the metal cap and taking a sip of his oh-so-beloved favorite beverage. strawberries in any form are their favorite, artificial or fresh, frozen or baked, which is why he always stuck to the routine of buying strawberry-flavored items at any chance he could take.

the slight ding of the notification on his phone brought him away from the marriage-worthy drink, sighing slightly, digging out the tech device from his jacket pockets and into his slender hands.

~~~~~~~

suga-suga:
hey bitch, the guys went home
earlier tonight than usual, wanna 
do some workouts at the gym?

kermit whore:
                         let me get home and change, I'll be there in 15 

~~~~~~~