Chapter - 1

Why don't you find yourself a nice man?

Her mother had often repeated.

But she was reluctant because the only man Sarat loved in her entire life was Arhaan.

After all, why wouldn't a wife love her husband?

Back then, she was only four and Arhaan was seven.

They were playmates and sweethearts because their mothers were best friends.

Arhaan's mom, Afiya Haydari was pretty fond of Sarat. She often expressed her desire to make Sarat her son's bride.

Sarat's mother, Nikhaat Begum was pleased with her friend's proposal because she would feel at ease knowing that her only daughter, the apple of her eyes would always be pampered in her besties household and will be loved by her son, Arhaan, whom Nikhaat also adored so much.

Thus, they married their kids in their early childhood, when both Sarat and Arhaan didn't even know the meaning of marriage.

Arhaan's father Obaidul Aziz had a jewellery company.

He decided to expand his business internationally to provide an affluent and prosperous life to his descendants.

However, as a patriot, Afiya Haydari didn't appreciate his idea a bit.

She was unwilling to leave her beloved people and move to a foreign country.

But Mr Aziz persuaded his wife to change her mind by explaining to her that it's merely a matter of a couple of years.

He has no plan to settle there and once he meets his set goals, they will return to Bangladesh with pride.

After all,
আমার সোনার বাংলা আমি তোমায় ভালোবাসি

Finally, Afiya agreed.

On the day of their departure, Afiya Haydari and Nikhaat Begum cried a lot while hugging each other.

She instructed Nikhaat to take good care of their daughter-in-law in their absence and she also promised that once her son turns 21 and Sarat turns 18, they will throw a grand walima to concede the union between the two families.

Nikhat gave Afiya a photo frame of Sharat and Arhaan's wedding with the hope that it will remind them about Sarat and their promise.

Seeing the image, Afiya pulled Sarat into a motherly hug and helped her wear a gold necklace embedded 'A' with a heart shape design on it.

She asked little Sarat to never remove it and innocent Sarat nodded with a bright smile on her face.

Since that day, she always cherished that pendant and held it close to her heart.

Years after years passed.
Over time, sweet memories were covered with snow.

Four years old Sarat became seven. She lost her father, Salim Khan.

Her young mother became a widow.

It seemed that the shadow of mourning fell on their cheerful household and took away all their happiness.

During those painful days, Sarat started writing diaries.

She wrote many letters to her papa.

Year - 2004
"Dear papa, I miss you and mama too misses you."

Year - 2005
"Papa, why didn't you take us with you? It feels bad without you."