Chapter - 3

A Week Later!

It was a Thursday evening in December.

Sarat broke her sunnah fast with a glass of plain water and a few dates.

She then offered her maghrib prayer with Afzah.

Afiya offered prayer in Nikhaat's room. Sitting on the bed, Nikhaat also offered her prayer.

Then, both best friends indulged themselves together in evening adhkaar.

On the other hand, Sarat and Afzah both went to the kitchen for making tea and some evening snacks.

When Sarat was pouring tea on the cup, Afzah told her 'Sarat Appi, you proved me wrong."

Sarat asked in a confused expression. "Huh? What wrong? I didn't get you Afzah. What are you saying?"

Afzah began to confess - "Actually, the first time when I get to know about you and Arhaan brother's childhood marriage, I was so angry with my parents.

I told my mother what if that girl grows up ugly and brother doesn't like her?

What if that girl has a bitter mouth?

What if that sweet girl, who she once adored turns out to be a quarrelsome lady with bad manners?

My brother's life will be ruined.

I even went on swearing that I would never accept you as my sister-in-law.

And I am ashamed of what I said that day.

I apologise to you for assuming bad about you without having any idea about who you are.

I hope, someday, you will find it in your heart to forgive me.

And you will allow me to address you as my bhabi (sister-in-law)?" - Afzah asked.

Sarat pulled Afzah into a sisterly hug and whispered to her "You can call me bhabi."

Afzah grabbed Sarat's arms with both her hands and asked with ecstasy 'সত্যিই?- Really?'

"সত্যিই?" Sarat answered with a smile and added, "How can I not accept such a sweet and sincere apology?"

"Oh bhabi, you are the best" saying this Afzah hugged Sarat from her waist.

'But you have kept three days consecutive fast' Sarat commanded while Afiya asked with a blank look 'But for what?'

'You broke a vow, so kaffarah to banta hai!' Sarat enlightened Afzah with issues of fiqh and Afzah immediately agreed that 'I will In sha Allah, keep 3 fasts.'

Then?' she added.

Sarat requested "Now, my grandma, shall we go? Or else the tea will get cold!"

Afzah and Sarat left the kitchen while laughing at their chats.

In The Meanwhile.

"My daughter, she may not be so beautiful from the outside like your Arhaan, but she is very good and naive Afiya.

She doesn't know that at times, this world may get extremely cruel to her.

She trusts blindly and loves deeply.

My foolish girl doesn't even fear getting hurt.

She is so soft and kind-hearted that she would give up her share of happiness to make other's happy.

And if that happens, I am afraid I won't be there to wipe her tears. Ya Rabb, what she will do without me?"

Wiping her teary eyes with veil, Nikhaat hold Afiya's hand and begged her to look after Sarat once she is gone.