16

Julie

Around noon, we found ourselves back at Niall's house to pick up Cassidy.. and not only was Niall babysitting her, my sister had come over.

We went in and found Hope playing with Cassidy on the couch while Niall was no where to be seen.

"Hey, Hope!" Harry greeted and she smiled at us.. Then Cassidy screamed and wanted Harry to pick her up. Of course, he walked over and picked up our happy little girl then carried her over to me. "Hi, Ma-ma" 

"Hey, babygirl.. Did you have fun?" I asked as I took her from Harry's arms and settled her on my hip. "yeah! Ni-Ni house fun!" she cheered

I smiled at her vocabulary and honestly, she's doing so well. 

Suddenly Niall came in and he hugged Harry. "Hey, mate! Didn't even hear ya come in" 

"Yeah, where were you at, Ni?" Harry asked as he released Niall.

"I was..." Niall looked at his feet, embarrassed of something, and Hope said "just go look at the fridge."

I confusedly handed Cassidy over to Niall and Harry and I went to the kitchen..

When we seen the fridge, I think my heart actually melted. 

Hung on the fridge with magnets were three little sheets of paper, each with different colored scribbles on them, made with crayons, and in the center was a printed picture of Niall holding Cassidy..

"Oh.. they've both changed so much.. grown so much." I gushed as I looked at the picture.

"Yeah, they really have.. I mean, Niall hasn't even got blonde hair anymore.." Harry added

I miss Niall's blonde hair.. but he does look very nice with his natural brown color. 

"You like it?" Niall asked from behind us. We turned, a little started, and he motioned to the fridge.

"it's like her little shrine." He told us with a small smile and tinted cheeks as Cassidy was hanging onto him and he was holding her on his hip.

"Yeah, Ni.. it's really cute." I walked over and kissed his cheek and he laughed and said "So... how was your date night?" and he wiggled his eyebrows.

I glanced at Harry then said "Horrible. Every second of it."

Harry laughed and said "yeah. It was so boring."

After we had collected Cassidy and brought her home, we were eating PB and J sandwiches and all sitting on the couch. Cassidy was sitting in Harry's lap while I sat beside him.

"Is 'ponge bob' on?" Cassidy asked with a mouthful of her little sandwich. 

Harry changed the channel to SpongeBob and she screamed happily then quieted immediately to listen to the show..

I grabbed my phone, honestly not wanting to watch SpongeBob just because, and I started scrolling through Twitter..

After a few minutes, I realized something.. 1D has been on official break for almost a year now. I look over at Harry and say "You been on Twitter lately?" He shook his head no.. "Do you know it's almost been a year since you guys announced the big break?"

"Oh.. already? Jeez.. Only 6 more months to go." 

"Yeah.. then we'll be touring again!" I said

"Yeah.." He mumbled under his breath.. I frowned, confused as to why he didn't seem excited, but I let it go for now..

When Cassidy got tired, I took her to her room and put her in her little bed. She cuddled up in her blankets, with her teddy bear.. yes, the Teddy Niall brought for her at the hospital when she was born.. and I kissed her and said "I love you, Cassy"

"I wuv you mama" She told me as she yawned. 

I shut the light off, but made sure and turned on her night light, before leaving the room.. 

Back in the living room, Harry was gone.. So I walked to the kitchen and found him drinking from a glass of water by the sink.

"You okay, love?" I asked as I got closer

"yeah.. no, yeah I'm good." He answered, stuttering a little

"Hey, what's wrong? C'mon, I know when you're upset or thinking hard on something.." I told him gently as I stood next to him and touched his arm.

"Uh.. well.. us guys are kinda busy, ya know.." He mumbled

"uh-huh.. that's why you're on break.." 

"Yeah.. just.. don't really know if we'll, uh, come back after the 18 months.." He told me as he rubbed his neck nervously

"Wh-what? Really?" I asked, honestly shocked

"yeah.. just.. we're all working on our solo stuff and.. depending on how everything goes we might, ya know, wait a little longer"

He finally turned to face me and I found tears in his eyes. Immediately, I softened and reached out, taking his hands and looking up into his eyes.

"Think about it this way.. If everything goes well for all the guys and you and us.. then.. The break for One Direction will just last a little longer. It's still a break though, not the end." I tell him confidently and he just nods then hangs his head. I pull him into me and hold him. I feel a few wet spots on my shoulder but I don't care. I just play with his short hair and sway us slowly..