Chapter 29 - Slippery

The Next Day...

Mum: "Y/N, you have an hour before you have to go to school. Can you bring me some milk from the store? I need it for dinner tonight and we're out."

Y/N: "Sure, I can do that."

Mum: "Thank you."

Y/T: 'Mom's been so much nicer to me lately... it's awesome... I'm glad we could work things out. But right now, I need to focus on getting that milk and getting to school on time.'

...

Y/T: 'Alright... I have ten minutes 'till class... and I've already dropped off the milk... now... I need to hurry!'

At School...

Y/T: 'Hurry... hurry... I can't be late...!! C'mon...'

You somehow slip and fall backwards.

Y/N: "Ow!!"

You feel something underneath you. You try to get up, but the floor is wet and slick, and you slip again and crash back down.

Shoto: "... Are you alright?"

Y/N: "T-todoroki...?"

You look down and see Todoroki lying on the floor underneath you. You somehow both landed so he's lying on the floor, and you're sitting on top of his stomach sideways.

Shoto: "You fell pretty hard... are you okay?"

Y/N: "We both fell. You're the one who's underneath me... haha..."

You let out a nervous laugh.

Shoto: "..."

Y/N: "S-sorry! I didn't mean for that to sound weird...!"

Shoto: "It's alright, here—"

He takes your right hand with his to help you up, but your feet slide again and you fall back down on him. Todoroki lets out a small grunt of pain.

Shoto: "Oof-! Still as clumsy as ever."

Y/N: "Shut up! You fell too!"

He sat up, wrapped his arms around you and picked you up effortlessly, bridal style.

Y/N: "W-woah..."

Your face goes red and your heart pounds. He stands up with you in his arms and sets you down on your feet.

Y/N: "T-thanks..."

Shoto: "Right."

You silently walk to the classroom together and the two of you head inside.

Mr Aizawa: "Glad you could join us, L/N, Todoroki."

Y/N: "Sorry, Mr Aizawa..."

Shoto: "Apologies."

Mr Aizawa: "Right, take your seats."

You and Todoroki find your seats and sit down.