three

Camp lasts for three weeks before you go back to your regular summer break and prepare to work on your summer assignments and somehow, a week and a half has already passed and another week and a half is left.

It irks you how attached you were to this place, these dusty, ancient wooden buildings that just sat there and didn't have anything to do with you other than for three weeks every year till now, you didn't know what caused your attachment to it. "Fuck man, I can't believe this is my last year," you mumble, nibbling on ice scream and leaning against April.

April sighs beside you, "What will I do without you and Nakamoto?" she asks, blankly staring at the glistening sunset in the waters in front of you. "Yuta will keep coming here," you lazily said.

"He won't if you aren't there," she glances at you, "He might be in love with you,"

"April, that is so dated," you sigh, rolling your eyes and staring at the waters. "It's not carbon-dated yet, so it can happen," she argues.

"Never, he is like my brother from another mother,"

"Babe, I am messing with you. Yuta would date a carp over dating you,"

"Exactly, his taste is questionable," and with that the two of you go silent again, staring at the shining multicoloured waters, reflecting the sky.

The two of you are sitting on a bench, admiring the view as the final roll call is done and now all that's left is leaving the kids to sleep. Much of the activities have already been done, five points with House Blue Heron and three with House River. It annoys you the fact it is a two-point difference and you are on the losing end.

"I want that cup to be my last legacy," you said dramatically and April nods, "That's some exciting goal," she smiles, "But what about Taeyong?"

"Ugh that pest," you blush lightly remembering the last time you had a vis-a-vis with him because since then your heart has been hammering and your lungs have given up on breathing around him.

In Yuta's words, "You are in denial of the fact you are in love with him,"

You call bullshit but it totally made sense. He wasn't any better than before, you always knew he was a nice guy and it was your antagonisation of him that made him be this hated by you. Literally, no one in the world could hate Taeyong and you are pretty sure someone ran a petition to get him personal guards when he broke a bone down a stair because someone was being clumsy. Everyone loves Taeyong but not you.

Tears bubbling in his eyes, his lashes heavy due to them, Taeyong cries, "Why did I have to fall for her when she won't even like me back?" his words are muffled inside the pillow that he stuffed his face into but Johnny hears it word to word.

"Don't cry, Tyong," he pats his back, this is the third time it happened this week. "She is making me cry, I can't stop,"

Taeyong sobs, his eyes softening and looking at Johnny. "Did you hear she won't be coming back here after this year?" he asks, "This is my last chance to woo her and she is definitely done with my shit now," Taeyong said, his cheeks stained with tears and Johnny suddenly feels a light bulb moment, taking Taeyong's hand in his.

"Let's get you a redemption arc, Lee Taeyong!"

Said redemption arc came in the form of campfire night for the group leaders, lead by Suh Johnny, commentary by Nakamoto Yuta.

"He is totally depressed, lonely, heartbroken and thinking he must give up on you now," Yuta said monotonously, leaning his shoulder against yours and looking directly at the duo of Johnny and Taeyong, who looked way worse off than you. "If this wasn't camp, you would've been wrecked by the TY FC,"