13

How does she do it? Was it really okay for her to do this to me? Elani kept doubting her mother's plan for her even though she already knew what happened, she didn't want to trust Ryleia's intuition. She only heard her for a few days, how is she supposed to trust her when she's already dead? Elani moaned and was feeling a bit groggy. She knew she was awake but she refused to open her eyes. How am I still alive? Why am I still here? She wanted to tear up but these past few days her crying only lead her to deplete her energy. Now, she's perplexed about what she should be doing, no-she did not want to acknowledge her faith, that was certain.

It was not too long ago when Elani heard the men talking in their faint voice. She didn't want to wake up, she wanted to hear their plan. She assumes that if she wakes up in the middle of their conversation, they might hide their little secret again from her. She does not want secrets anymore especially if it includes her. She made an effort to focus on their voices until she hears them clearly.

"... as I was saying, sir Bryce, there are two ancient stored energy existing in this land and they are called Tears." Elani has been accustomed to Professor Ula's voice since he has been telling the same story all over again.

"Then what about the Saju?" Bryce delightfully implored as if he was being told a children's story.

"The energy of the Saju is different than of the Tears. Although there is no history of comparison between the two, I am quite sure that the latter cannot be shared. The Saju is bestowed by the Divine Beast to the nimphians after they are born and will depend on how the nimphs will hone the blessed energy. while the Tears are energies stored by the Sun and the Moon and only one nimphian or their descendant who should be able to manipulate its energy. That is why they are given the title of Elohim."

"That must be why they kept it a secret. Powerful energy like the tears could be deadly."

"Of course, just like the Tears of The Moon."

"Is... that why Elani has been concealed after birth?" Bryce stumbled before he continue with his question.

"Ryleia used her energy to create a special concealment spell,"

"But you said that the Winterspring suppressed the Tears of The Sun in Ryleia's body?"

Ula hoot before he spoke, "Yes, it is originally concealed. But for the years that have passed, the concealment couldn't handle the Tears of The Sun's energy. Ryleia created her own, to manipulate the Sun, she created a spell that will hone down the energy. Technically speaking, if two energies are flowing inside a body, there is a huge chance that it will destroy the nimphian's core. That is why it is rare for you to see someone manipulate two or more energy strains."

"Well... Elani has manipulated wind."

"Her core is confused... that is why she must've been acting that way. While I was observing her energy when she destroyed the concealments, I saw three strains flowing inside her she just used one strain-a strain that stands out from the rest."

Elani heard Bryce and Raphael gasp. She too couldn't believe it! How can she rectify three when she does not know anything about it? This must be her mother's spell?

"What are her strains other than wind?" Finally, she heard Raphael ask.

"Frost, Wind and Fire."

"That cannot be true! How can she have Fire and Frost at the same time?!" Screamed Bryce. Elani heard a loud thumping of his foot. He must've stood up in surprise.

"The Frost is Ryleia's energy that tries to hone down the Fire coming from the Tears of The Sun while the Wind was the result of mixing the two strains inside Elani's body."