Chapter 14

A/N: I want to dedicate this chapter to dangoella. She's a great author and a great friend! Go check her out! The chapter is kind of short but, hope you like it. Bye😋😘👋
________________________
I get up and walk out of the room. I can't stand to be in a room filled with so many people that I know I will forget. I hear Sarah call my name behind me, but ignore it.

I suddenly feel a cold hand on my arm and stop. "Claire, please" Sarah begs.

"I need to tell you something", she continues, "Something very serious. Claire, we don't have the money to pay for your treatment anymore"

I feel a lump rise in my throat. "So I'm going to die" I choke out before retreating to my hospital room...

_______________________
I lie in my hospital bed, weighing out my options. Plan A: Die. Plan B: run away to Mexico with Michael, then die.

When I was younger, I used to see bits and pieces of my parents. A flash of my fathers eyes, or my mother's hair. But I've never met my grandparents. I guess when my mom got pregnant at 18, they decided to give up on her. That's actually how she died; Going to see them. The only other thing I do know is that they're rich. I mean filthy rich. Like they own a yacht company, rich.

Suddenly, it hits me. Maybe they hated my mom, but maybe they will like me...
_________________________

"Please" I beg, " Its our only chance!"

Sarah sighs, "Do you know where they live?"

"Umm. I think the page said London" I reply hesitantly.

"LONDON! Ha! You make me laugh!How exactly do plan on getting to London?" She says half laughing.

Oh. I didn't think about that. "Well, I was hoping you would fly me out there" I say.

" I'll tell you what. You get me money for the way there, and I'll pay for the way back" Sarah says.

I grin, "Done!"

"London! Crazy teenagers" she mumbles as she walks out the door.
__________________________

"Are you serious?" Michael says later the next day, "Your going to London? To see if your filthy rich, dead beat grandparents can help you?!?"

"Yep." I reply, "that's pretty much it"

"Wow! I wish I could go!" He says happily.

"Well," I say shyly," I was kind of hoping you would come with me"

"REALLY?" He half yells.

"Yes really" I reply laughing.

He hugs me quickly, " I gotta call Mrs.Robinson"
_______________________
I wake up the next day weirdly happy. Why am I so happy? Oh yea! Because I'm going to London on Friday! I really need to get ahold of this memory loss...