Chapter TEN

EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

❄️ASPEN❄️
Holly Garland

... Christmas Eve - One Year Later ...
~The Firecracker Factory~

"And I will be like Mother Mary, with a blessing in my soul.. And I will give the world my eyes, so they can see.. And I will be like Mother Mary, with a blessing in my soul.. And the future of the world inside of me.." I sit on the rooftop, looking out over the Chinatown streets, watching the lights sparkle as the low thud of a baseline thrums from the club down below..
Running a hand over the miraculous little lump of my belly that has barely begun to show, I sing a soft lullaby and chatter sweetly to the miracle that grows inside me.. "You're going to have everything you could ever want, my precious little sugar-plum.. I promise to love you every single day and to help you be whoever you are meant to be.."

"Who are you talking to, Angel?" A gravelly grunt behind me makes me jump to my feet as I spin around nearly slipping on the ice underfoot.

"Figgy-Freaking-Pudding! You scared the spirit of Christ out of me, Dasher!" I scowl at him as he chuckles a merry rumble, striding across the rooftop and shrugging out of his black coat to wrap it around my shoulders..

"You're so easy to sneak up on.. No situational awareness.." He smirks his wicked sexy grin as he bundles me up to keep me warm, rubbing his hands up and down my arms to heat me with friction.. "If you're not careful somebody could just creep up and--" He yanks me close to snatch me up in his beefy biceps as he exclaims, "--GRAB YA!"

"Ooh!" I giggle, suspended two feet from the snow covered ground and I squirm my way down for a quick kiss.. His lips are soft and fiery warm against my frozen ones.. "So long as that somebody is you, I can live with that.. What are you doing up here?"

"River said we should go home early tonight, they're closing down there.. I was thinking of taking my girl someplace cozy, I got a sweet tooth for some hot cocoa--" He sets me back down on my feet and leans down to ravage my neck, burying his face in my chocolate curls and I know that when he says 'hot cocoa' he means me..

"Oooh! Dash!" I squeal, delighted by the tickling sensation of his hot lips and warm breath.. "That sounds so good, baby.. But before we go I wanna give you an early Christmas present.."

"Ugh.. Holly-Dolly.." He groans with an Irritated frown.. "You know I fucking hate that shit--"

"Yeah Yeah, you hate presents because you're bitter inside.." I click my tongue in dismissal and wave a hand to shut him up.. "But you'll like this one, I promise.."

"Is it you?" He smirks, slipping his hands up beneath my skirt.. "Mmhh, cuz if you wanna bend over that bar, I'd be happy to give you a jolly good ffffuu--"