Chapter 2

"S-Shijie, Jin-gongzi, Wen Qing, Wen Ning, you're all alive? How can this be?" Wei Ying's voice trembled with a mix of shock and overwhelming relief.

"A-Xian, it's all possible because of your grandmaster," Jiang Yanli explained softly. "The day at Nightless City, she managed to exchange my body and Jin Zixuan's body with illusions. We just recovered a few weeks ago. I am so happy we've been given this second chance to be with you, even if it means sacrificing the chance to see A-Ling again."

"What do you mean, Shijie?" Wei Ying asked, confusion clouding his eyes.

"It is not safe for them to be seen anywhere, Gege," Wei Liling spoke for the first time.

"What do you mean?" Wei Ying's bewilderment deepened.

"A-Xian, your mother and I decided that it's better if you, the Wens, and your Shijie stay hidden until we build our own sect. It's not safe for everyone, even though they can't hurt you now that you have become immortal, just like your siblings," Wei Changze explained.

"Mother, I still can't understand why you had to stay hidden all these years," Wei Ying said, turning to Cangse Sanren.

"The reason is that your grandmother suggested that after you and your twin sister were born, we had to leave the mountains once again. You were not born as immortal but as a human, unlike your sister Wei Biyu, who was born immortal. Your grandmother was just doing what was best for everyone. She predicted that you would face trials in the human world alone. Even though it hurt us, we had no other choice. It was for your own good. By the time we 'died,' it was also our own trial to ascend as immortals. After we woke up from the coma, we found out that the Jiang sect had adopted you. We knew it was best to stay hidden and not see you all these years. When your siblings were born, they were born immortal. Somehow, you are special. Mother said it's because of her mistakes from the past before she became immortal," Cangse Sanren explained patiently.

"Wen Ning, you're back in your human form? How come? I thought they had burned you and Wen Qing in Nightless City?" Wei Ying asked, his voice full of wonder.

"Young master Wei, it's all because of your grandmother that we are born alive, just like Jin Zixuan and Jiang Yanli. We got rescued; they exchanged our true bodies with some kind of puppet. Wen Ning and I thank you again for everything you've done for us," Wen Qing said, her eyes brimming with gratitude.

"Wei-gongzi, thank you so much for giving me and my wife a second chance to be together. I never blamed you for what happened back in Qiongqi Path," Jin Zixuan added, his voice steady and sincere.

"I'm sorry, Shijie, I thought—" Wei Ying's voice broke as he turned to Jiang Yanli.

Jiang Yanli hugged her brother tightly, her own eyes moist with tears. "Don't cry, A-Xian. It's not your fault," she whispered, comforting him.

"Mother, the food is ready. I'm sure Xiongzhang is hungry," Wei Mingsheng said, heading outside followed by Wei Qiuyue.

"A-Niang, can I play with brother later? I want to show him the training ground," said Wei Liling eagerly.

"That's later, Wei Yue. I'm sure brother will be here, and we have all the time in the world. Don't forget you still have classes later with Wei Mingsheng," Wei Biyu reminded her younger sibling gently.

"But Biyu-jie—" Wei Yue started to protest.

"That's enough, Wei Yue," their grandmother finally spoke, guiding the younger ones out.

They all moved to the dining area, the atmosphere filled with warmth and familial bonds. It was decided that they would descend the mountain to a place called Yuandao.

Yuandao was a beautiful, tranquil place with lovely green lands, clear rivers, and most importantly, peace. It was far from the turmoil of the cultivation world. Jiang Yanli, Jin Zixuan, and the Wens decided to help the Wei family build the Yuandao Sanren Sect, a sanctuary where they could live in peace and continue their cultivation away from prying eyes.

As they settled into their meal, Wei Ying looked around at his family and friends, feeling an overwhelming sense of gratitude and hope. Despite the challenges and the years of separation, they were together now, ready to face whatever the future held, united and strong.