The Heaven Demon and Hell Angel

Dark thrust his red, fire trident into the scorching hot ground which seemed like it was cracking apart. Fire rose from the cracks in the ground and the ceiling was covered with what looked like red, burning icicles. The environment seemed as if it was filled with nothing but rising fire and chains which were burnt so much, they were black. A counter was at the front, the lobby, where evil souls were to be inspected and sent to their level of torture along with their bodies. Dark was a demon living in his 'palace', the world of Hell, so he didn't feel a little bit hot. He kept playing with his trident, waiting impatiently for a once-human to be assigned to him. He hadn't tortured anyone for what seemed like eternity.

"LUNCH TIME!" The announcer screamed. Dark jumped up, surprised. It had been several years since the last time Hell even provided food for anyone. He had been counting those years ever since 2038, the last time he ate. 2038, 2039... It was eleven years since the last time! Thanks goodness demons could not feel pain, fatigue, nor hunger.

The souls floated out of their bodies and followed the demons to the squished dinner table. An ooze of edible slime and a freezing cold drink were served to everyone. Only the Hell manager got a hot drink.

Dark hated cold drinks! Demons didn't drink anything cold because they were used to heat. He tore the slime apart. One of the other demons glared at him, daring him to drink. Dark had no choice but to drink under the supervision of others, but he didn't hesitate to leave quietly with the drink

1

when no one was looking. Dark crept out of Hell and put his drink away quietly, in fear someone would hear and come up to see what was going on.

However, just as he was going back, he felt a change in his body. His stomach hurt. His head hurt. Everything hurt. Dark hovered onto the ground in pain, a pain he's never felt before. Ugh, I'm a demon! I thought I could bear all the physical pain I receive! He thought in dismay as he struggled to stand up. He squeezed his eyes shut, but when he opened them, he was standing on a cloud. It was a pink cloud. He looked down and saw a flash of pink. Or was it gold? He wasn't sure about that. Where was his red trident? Dark curled his hand into a fist and felt his trident in his hand.

Oh good, I'm still a demon, he thought. When he looked at the trident, however, he felt like his breath stopped. It wasn't his trident. Instead, it was a bright blue staff – an angel's staff! He looked at his sides hopefully, but what he saw were white wings. Oh, god... Dark gasped. He had swapped bodies with an angel!

"Guardia-!" A familiar voice yelled. Dark turned to see himself intruding Heaven. Oh, it's the angel in my body, Dark recognized him. The guardian angel, who he just realized was standing in front of him, raised his staff at the demon immediately.

"Woah, woah," The demon put his hand up in surrender. "It's me. Light!"

Oh, so it's a she, not a he, Dark thought. The guardian narrowed his eyes at the demon.

"Hey, what are you doing in my body?" Light asked Dark.

"Hey, what are YOU doing in MY body?" Dark asked Light.

"I thought this drink was an angel drink, and after I drank it I became a demon," Light explained.

"Well, I didn't like cold drinks so I drank a bit and threw it away. I became an angel," Dark explained back.

2

"Then I suppose you are the one who is supposed to leave here right now," The guardian pointed the staff at Dark. As he was about to make a spell, Demon slammed his staff into the clouds and disappeared.

I shouldn't let them go this easily, what if they are going to discuss about us? I have to protect my side, Dark thought. He teleported himself outside of the Guardian Office Clouds and peered from the door, which was ALSO made from clouds.