Chpt. 16 | 朝食 {Part 2}

{Breakfast}

𝟛𝕣𝕕 𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕆𝕍~

             "Uh, anyways, it's fine. I'm not really worried about it." 🧡 "Well I am! I'll protect my girl, even if it costs me my life!" "Mikey...I would never ask you to do that." 🧡 "You don't have to, Angelcakes! I'll always protect you." A small, nervous smile makes its way onto Akari's lips. She never once imagined she'd have people who genuinely care enough to give their lives for her. This is all new to her, yet it's somehow exciting. "Well...I would do the same for all of you." Akari's nervous smile turns genuine as she tilts her head to the side. April giggles softly at the boy's reactions, smiles adorn their lips and it looks like they have hearts in their eyes.

             🧡 "Awe, Angelcakes~," Mikey coos softly as he places his chin in his hand, a soft sigh leaving his upturned lips. 🧡 "You're adorable." Akari's eyes widen as a scarlet blush dusts her cheeks. She's never been called adorable before. For some reason, butterflies are swarming her stomach. Why is she so nervous all of a sudden? "I-... No." 🧡 "Yes." "No, Mikey." 🧡 "Yes, Akari." Akari sighs with a smile as she shakes her head. 🧡 "...Yes." A small giggle leaves her lipa as she stares into Mikey's baby blue eyes. "Okay, Mikey." 🧡 "I win!" He cheers with his hands above his head. Akari hums thoughtfully as she continues eating her fluffy pancakes.

             "We're still going shopping today, right?" April inquires as she stares down at her phone, a perplexed look on her face. "Yeah, why?" Akari asks before taking a sip of her tea. "You still want to go, don't you?" "Of course! It's just-...Vern is here." Akari tilts her head to the side and gesture for April to continue. "He wants to know if he can come with us." "...He wants to come with us?" "Yeah." April sheepishly rubs the back of her neck. 'Why in the world would Vern want to come with us? Probably to hang out with April the entire time.' Akari rolls her eyes as she sits back, annoyed that Vern would want to ruin their girl time. They haven't gotten a chance to do anything, just the two of them. Of course someone has to come along and ruin it.

             "Hey, guys, how's it goin'?" Vern walks into the kitchen, a small smirk on his face. Everyone watches in mild shock as the man comes to stand annoyingly close to Akari. "How...did you get in here?" "The same way the rest of you do," He chuckles and crosses his arms. "Okay, smartass." Akari rolls her eyes then glares at him. "Why are you here?" 🧡 "Pfft!" Mikey covers his mouth, trying to stop himself from laughing. "Akari!" April glares and softly shakes her head in a disapproving manner. "What?!" Akari defensively throws her hands in the air. "What did I do?"

             "Uh, I wanted to go with you today." Akari's attention turns back to Vern, her brows furrowing in confusion. "I- I'm so lost. Is anyone else confused, or?" Akari looks around as Leo softly chuckles, still rubbing her back in a comforting manner, sending chills down her spine. 💙 "It's definitely not just you." She clears her throat while trying to fight back another blush. "Right, well, uh... Why do you want to go with April and I?" "Oh, uh, see, I was sorta hoping we could go—Just me and you." Vern points to himself, then to Akari, a hopeful smile on his face.

             ❤️ "Yeah, that's not happening." Raph glares at Vern as he pops his knuckles. "W-why not? I was asking her, not you." Vern puffs out his chest. 'Oh, sweet baby Jesus.' Akari rubs her temples, trying to stop a headache from forming. ❤️ "What did you just say?" Raph growls and stands up—Akari quickly stands up as well. "Okay~ Let's just relax. There's no need to get upset." ❤️ "She's not going with you." He continues to glare at Vern, completely disregarding what the young woman just said. "Again, I w-wasn't asking you." ❤️ "I wasn't asking either, I'm telling you—She's not going with you." Vern ignores him and turns towards Akari.