s i x

6. Constellations

The Lokis were gone. She didn't care. Maybe being an agent was too much for her and that's why her fate has led her to Lamentis-1. How can an innocent girl find herself in this type of situation? The questions puzzled her. Though in the back of her mind she couldn't help but wonder where they went and if they would be coming back.

Her death would be on this planet. Her father goodness knows where and the chances of her getting back to him were very very slim. Unless she can create a nexus event on an apocalyptic planet.

After what seemed like hours of silence, the sounds of dirt underneath boots grabbed her attention.

"I see you're still here." The Variant called to her.

Arabelle shrugged. "I don't have a way to get home."

The Variant shrugged and sat down on the rock Arabelle was sitting on. "I suppose you have a point." She glanced at her. "What's your name?"

"Arabelle."

She nodded and stuck out her hand. "Sylvie."

She shook Sylvie's hand and since that moment everything was still and peaceful. Nothing was wrong. Everything was beautiful. Her last moments. Her hearing went out as she focused on the moon getting closer. Their deaths are drawing closer.

She was pulled out of her daze by a tugging on her arm. She whipped around to face the person. It was B-47.

The next couple minutes were a daze to her. She walked mindlessly into the portal and into the familiar surroundings of the TVA. Loki and Sylvie were taken in a different direction away from Arabelle. She couldn't figure out where she was being led. She felt a prick in her arm and the world started to fade from her view. Her legs collapsed beneath her. Someone scooped her up and carried her to goodness knows where.

She was placed onto something soft and comfortable. It hugged her, calming her with each breath she took. She couldn't figure out what was happening other than her wounds were being treated too. The sound of beeping was above her head. The whispers of people around her. She lost track of time as they worked on her. Her mind drifted to her father.

Where was he? Is he okay? Did he know that they found us? Questions echoed in her mind. They dazed her. Each question was like a star in the sky, forming a constellation. A painting in the sky. Words faded and the world became quiet as her eyes fell and a peaceful slumber of the feeling being home washed over her.

When her eyes fluttered open again, the beeping was gone and whispers were gone. There wasn't a gentle proading against her skin.

She was met with the familiarity of her bedroom ceiling. The sunset-like lighting was soft on her eyes. Her body is propped up by a multitude of pillows. Warm under all the blankets that were placed on top of her.

A hand was resting on top of hers when she finally drifted out of the final haze. She turned her head to see who and she was met with a sleeping Mobius. Her heart shattered at the sight.

She just laid there thankful for being reunited with her father. She began to daydream and there was a feeling of contentment. That's all she ever wanted at this moment.