n i n e

Loki, Sylvie, and Arabella stopped at the entrance of a giant black castle that stood on a floating rock

Loki, Sylvie, and Arabella stopped at the entrance of a giant black castle that stood on a floating rock. The sky was swirling around them in a galactic pattern. It seemed as if someone took a paint brush and painted the sky with colors that blended perfectly being stroked upwards in the colors of sea green and aqua. There were hints of magenta and gold being mixed in with the greens and blues.

The suspense was killing Arabella so she kicked the door open but ended up falling forward. Loki caught her before her face hit the flooring. "You're stupid, you know that right?" He whispered to her.

"Tell me about it."

Sylvie pushed past the duo as they exchanged a few words. She was clearly irritated that she had kicked the door open when it was already unlocked for some odd reason. Shrugging, Arabella went through the archway and into the castle. She could feel the eyes of the two Lokis boring into the back of her head.

She didn't care that she had irritated them, that's their problem. She didn't want to be there but she had to be because of the TVA needing the information.

It was a gorgeous castle. She had never seen anything like it. Every inch, every centimeter was covered with black and gold marble. The windows rest high up on the walls. The galactic light flooding in gives a foggy look. When everyone was inside, the black doors slammed shut. Arabella was awestruck. She had never been in anything as magnificent as this.

Miss Minutes appeared in front of  Arabella. Eyes wide and crazed. "Hey y'all!" Arabella screamed in fright. Turning back to the door. Avoiding looking at Miss Minutes.

She didn't even want to hear about anything she had to say on any matter. She knew that Miss Minutes was talking but not to her. But somehow she appeared in front of her.

"And you missy, he knows exactly what you want." Arabella tipped her chin up, "He knows nothing of what I want." Miss Minutes chuckled. "He knows that you want the truth. He knows that you want to have a normal life. No more secrets. You and your father want a normal life? He'll do it. What does the E stand for? What's in the locked box? He will give you anything you want. That is what you want, right missy?"

Arabella shifted her weight. She hated to admit it but she wanted all of those things. What does the E stand for? What is inside of the locked box with her name on it? Could she really have a normal life with her father? She wanted to know more than anything.

"No," Anxiety washed over her. Just as Miss Minutes was disappearing she jumped forward. "Wait! Just let me sit on it. This has been a lot."

Miss Minutes smiled. "Of course, honey."

Arabella watched as she vanished in a swirl. She stood there for a split second before Loki's voice rang through the room. "Come on." They began to walk ahead following the corridors.

~*~

"He Who Remains." Loki said suddenly after what seemed to be hours of walking.

Sylvie nodded. "Not for much longer."