Chapter 8

If they were to describe themselves, they would say it was a teeny tiny crush feeling that instantly blossomed into a real relationship. However, that was at the very start. Right now, God knows. After all, they're only 16.

Yuna has finally been able to meet Intak after numerous attempts of asking the boy out. And at the end, Intak is able to clear his practice schedule to spent time with her. She was very hesitant and embarrassed at first, but if they're going to end things they need to end it properly. At least that's what Yuna thought.

They met at a cafe in their neighbourhood after school. Both sitting near a huge window located on the second floor of the cafe where they could see passers-by walking on the street.

'how are you? Did you eat well?'

Yuna is very amazed at the Intak's bluntness. How can he act like nothing happened. He ghosted her during her most difficult time and now it's like nothing has happened.

He was laughing and chatting with her with zero guilt in his voice. Almost none. He was the one who talk the most and Yuna would mostly grin or smile to him.

'there's a friendly match with Mujin High School this weekend. You want to come and watch me play?' he asked Yuna.

She couldn't answer directly as her thoughts are so full with an even more important questions. Of why Intak hasn't asked her about the post at all. He should have known, she thinks.

The big-eyed girl looks at him with her straw at the end of her lips. Slowly, she nodded. She and Intak continue to spent the rest of the day together.

And the game day came. Earlier, Yuna had asked Yujin if she could accompany her, but Yujin's grandparents are visiting her home and she couldn't go. She wanted to ask Dajeong but Dajeong's ballet tournament was held on the exact same day.

So here she is, waiting alone at the bus stop. If it's not because of Intak, she wouldn't feel too lonely. But the boy needs to arrive at the tournament place earlier in the morning. And it's impossible for Yuna to wake up too early at 5 am. Too impossible.

It took 45 minutes to reach Mujin High School and Yuna was a bit astonished by the number of people who came. She didn't expect a high school basketball game can attract this many people.

Mujin High School by far is bigger than her school so she had no idea where the game was held. She tried calling Intak a few times, but the boy didn't answer. Knowing that probably he is busy with pre-game warm up, Yuna decided to trust her own instinct and went to search for the basketball court by herself.

Sometimes even trying to follow the people who came to the school, but, she somehow ends up at a volleyball court instead of a basketball court. Yuna cursed at herself and sometimes at Intak too because he is not picking up his phone.

Tired, she decides to take a seat. She had a little knowledge about volleyball because Yujin is one of their school player, that's why she didn't hesitate to become one of the spectator. Intak's tournament starts at 11.30 am and it's only 10.45 am. So why not?

Seems like two tournaments has been held at the same time. And it clearly explains the number of people coming to the school. Yuna glanced at the big digital scoreboard, there was a big score difference between the two teams, but she didn't know which one belongs to which team. And she didn't really actually care.

She's just sitting quietly at the very end of one bench next to a middle aged couple.

To be honest, Yuna is a friendly girl. She could easily start a conversation with anyone there and ask where the basketball court was but she's not doing it today. She just doesn't feel like it. It was strange to her because Intak still hasn't said a word about what happened. At all. She's just feeling like she needs to explain something to him, but he's not starting any conversation that could relate to the topic. And she's not the type to suddenly talk about something so serious without someone else being the first talking about it.