Chapter 1: Another Fine Day For A Beer

It was an average Friday morning in Arlen, winter would be coming soon despite the weather still acting like its always summer. And our four main protagonists were sitting in the alley while drinking a few cold ones. 

"So, Hank. I was havin a little chit chat with your father last night." Dale said before being cut off by Hank's sigh. "What did you guys talk about this time?" Hank moaned. "Well. Your pops invited us to visit him and his army buddies out in Houston. Your attendance was requested." Dale explained before slowly sipping on his beer. "I dunno, Dale. You know how Hank's father is." Bill chimed in. "He called me fatty one time..." Dale just rolled his eyes, not wanting to hear Bill's input. "Well....Ok, but if my dad starts spouting nonsense, we're leaving." Hank agreed finishing his can. "Wingo!" Dale cheered, "Also, Cotton asked we bring the kids. To make sure they didn't turn out like fairies." 

Meanwhile, in the Hill house. Bobby and Luanne were watching TV. There was really nothing special other than the kids channel and others. "Well hey there, Bobby." Hank greeted with no response. "Hey, Uncle Hank!" Luanne replied. "...Say, son. Your grandpa wants to have us over to hang out with his army buddies, he was wondering if you could tag along!" Hank said. "Sure! Can I bring Joseph?" Bobby replied happily. "Uhhh sure! Might wanna go give him a heads up." Hank said signaling Bobby to leave. Luanne was concerned, "I don't like Cotton, Uncle Hank. He's really mean and smacked my bottom one time.." Luanne complained. "Good thing is you won't be going. You and your Aunt Peggy can go to the mall and have one of those girl days." Hank reassured his niece. He then left to take care of some last minute chores. 

Cuz if there's one thing he knew....If there's a visit with his dad, it was gonna be a long day.