Chapter 5 - Kotori

~Faith~

Awoken by the light shining in, i groaned. After laying a bit, I realized....I didn't go to bed last night with the sheets on.

How long had I been asleep??! I got up, and grabbed my phone looking at the time. 9:10 am. I clenched my fists and yelled into my pillow.

Someone came in. Fuck.

I quickly got out of bed, and heard them all rehearsing. I doubt they heard my scream, the music breaks your ears. I stood outside the doorway, listening.

"Move the the strings a bit softer. You'll break it." I heard a voice say. It sounded like Kotori.

I stood by the door cautiously listening.

Despite their bitter arguments and distaste for one another, they worked very well together. Unfortunately I'd caught them at the end of their practice. I heard also the packing up and clicks of cases. Quickly, I rush out to my bedroom, crawling under the sheets to hide.

I could hear their loud foot steps as they went downstairs. Once I heard the shoes hit the tile, I rushed out, peeking in. It was Kotori, but by himself?

He was playing the guitar, which I didn't know he could do. I'm not surprised honestly though.

Strumming, he began to sing.

When my eyes laid on you
I felt the love of the world
I didn't think no one could compare
to the feelings you give me.

You came on a Saturday evening, bright and cheerful.
Vile and valiant
In the Faith I see.
In the faith i see...

I loved his soft voice, so I hadn't interrupted and let him continue.

The fight for you is unbearable
Would it be worth it to continue?
Why should I hide
When you stand in front of me.

The glitter in your eyes
Catch the rays of my heart
So please just hear me out
That I've loved you since the
day we met.

Who could compare?
To your amazing smile
and the voice you give
So all I ask, is can I love you?

But the courage to stand to you.
You've taught me the one thing
I need. So in my eyes
You're the faith I need.

He strummed one last, indicating the end of the song

I clapped softly and he looked up shocked.

"Morning." I say cheerfully.

"Morning." He said smiling getting up from the chair he was sitting in.

"How long have you been awake?" I ask entering the room

"About 6. I get up early all the time" He said looking towards me than facing away to pack the guitar,

"I'm pretty sure I fell asleep as soon as I laid on that bed."

"You did. I came in to see if you were hungry and you were fast asleep." He smirked clipping the guitar case shut.

Then I remember, the blankets. Was it him who had come in and put them on me.

"Did you by chance come in and tuck me in?" I asked slightly concerned.

"No?" He said confused.

"Hm. Someone came in and put blankets on me. I remember being on the bed went i went to bed."

"I came in to check if you were awake, I was thinking about waking you up but didn't." He said putting the case away, finally turning his attention to me.