Otherwise Known as Daxton

Colette's POV

"So do we have a due date yet?" I asked as the nurse prepared my ultrasound.
"Yes. Your baby is due on April 4, 2018." The nurse smiled at Shay and I.
"You guys look familiar." She added.
"Do you watch YouTube?" Avia blurted out. "Cuz we are on it!"
"We're famous!" Daxton winked at the nurse. Already a ladies man at three years old.
"Maybe. My husband watches YouTubers all the time, I'll have to ask him." The nurse said.
Shay squeezed my hand.
"The moment of truth." He whispered.
"Final decision: do you guys want boy or girl?" I asked the kids. Their answers didn't change, Avia wanted a girl, the three boys wanted a boy. No surprise there.
"You are having a.... Oh my God. Did you know you are having twins?" The nurse looked shocked.
"WHAT?" I yelled. "No... We had an appointment last week, only one baby was in there."
"Well, there's two. Two baby girls." The nurse smiled.
I burst into tears. Happy tears. Shocked tears. I was having twins.
"I KNEW IT!" Avia screamed. She danced around the cramped room. "TWINS!!!!" She shouted over and over. The boys joined her in the screaming.
Shay looked me in the eyes, rubbing his hand to my cheek. "We're having twins!" He started to cry. "Two beautiful baby girls."
I knew this would be a challenge, seven kids. But at that moment, I didn't care whether I had seven kids or ten or twenty, I just cared about my two little baby girls.
"Congratulations, Shay and Colette! Sorry you were so shocked!" She laughed.
"Sometimes the best gifts in life are the ones you don't expect!" Shay was vlogging at this point."
--------
On the way home we all shared our thoughts, we were happy, to say the least. Avia was in a "I told you so!" attitude, which technically, she was true.
"Let's name the brothers both Daxton!" Daxton shouted.
"Dude their girls." Gavin laughed. "And even if they were boys, one Daxton is enough."
"Their girls? Ew cooties!!" He covered his mouth, as if the two babies in my belly were radiating cooties.
"He'll come around." Shay looked at me. "He's a ladies man."
"So... Names?" Avia said impatiently.
"Slow down, Avia Flavia. We just found out we are having twins!" Shay turned the camera off. "Now let's get serious."
The kids faces looked scared.
"Who's gonna be on diaper duty?" He joked. The kids started to laugh and point at each other.
"I am not changing Daxton's diapers!" Daxton plugged his nose. "Too stinky!"
"The girls are not named Daxton!" Gavin and Avia shouted at the same time. Daxton started to pout. We shifted the subject to Emmi. We talked about the tips we had received, all of which led to a dead end. We knew Emmi was out there, we had a voice telling us she was okay.
------
After the kids were all in bed, Shay and I relaxed on the couch for a bit.
"These girls are in for a treat." He smiled. "Should we talk names?"
"Not yet. I think we should let the options sit for a while, maybe the kids will think of new ones, too." I leaned my head on his shoulder.
"So I guess for now, our little girls are otherwise known as the Daxtons." Shay laughed at his joke.
"Get ready, little Daxtons, this family is only getting crazier." I rubbed my belly. Shay kissed my forehead. My family was perfect, no doubt, but without Emmi, we aren't a family.